Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to create a "viewport" with Markup/XAML?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rvoith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to create a "viewport" with Markup/XAML?
    Posted: 08 September 2020 at 3:37am
The setting is that I have a large image displayed in a markup control with a an Image-tag. I would like to display only a portion of it by using a "viewport" (in lack of a better word). 

I'll try to illustrate this below, where you see the view port focusing on a part of the larger image;
Viewport in action on a larger image

The viewport itself only displays what the coordinates specifies, and would look like this;
Just the viewport

I have tried to fiddle around with the XAML-elements Canvas, ScrollViewer, Viewbox and Image, but with no current success yet. Somehow I feel that the attributes ClipToBound on Image could be useful, but I seem to lack something like VerticalOffset and HorizontalOffset combined with Height and Width.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to create a viewport?
Best regards,
Bob
Proud Programmer!
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2020 at 3:49pm
Something like this appears to work:

<Page xmlns='http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation' xmlns:x='http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml' >
    <Border Width='200' Height='200' ClipToBounds='True'>
            <Image Source="file://<PATH TO YOUR IMAGE>" Margin='-100,-100,0,0'/>
        </Border>
</Page>

By fixing the Border width and setting ClipToBounds='True', you create a fixed size viewport. By setting the Left & Right margins to negative numbers, you can move the enclosed image around the viewport.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

rvoith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rvoith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2020 at 2:22am
jpbro!! This works!! Thank you for trying this out!!
Best regards,
Bob
Proud Programmer!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic