Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CXTListCtrl Flicker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CXTListCtrl Flicker
    Posted: 20 May 2003 at 10:18am
Hello

I am using CXTListCtrl there is a noticing and annoying flicker when the control contents are displayed modified, viewed.

I first fill the control with data about 500 or so records. Control is hidden during the update. After update I show the control. When viewing the data the flickering is so much that it takes few seconds to go to top and thento bottom. It is very annoying also.

I am using CXTlistctrl heavily in my applications. Infact I have tried many options to speed up drawing but to no avail.

Can you please suggest a new class or modify the CXTlistctrl so that there should be no flicker like in many controls on codeguru and codeproject.

Regards

Shrishail Rana

Shrishail Rana
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2003 at 10:22am

Hello,

To you notice this problem with the standard CListControl?  I am supscious, without actually seeing your code where the problem actually occurs.  There are several techniques that you can use to reduce or eliminate flicker in your application.  If you look at the Outllook GUI sample, you will see that this uses a CXTListCtrl and there is no flicker at all when the list or application is resized.  I would suggest that you take a look at some of the sample projects for some ideas on how to reduce flicker in your application.  Also, take a look at the CMainFrame::PreCreateWindow method in the Outlook project for starters...hope this helps.

Best regards,
Codejock Support

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2003 at 6:07am

Hello

I have used it from sample only. Infact I am using only insertitem and setitem using LVITEM struct  which can directly be used with clistctrl also. You can test it with inserting 500 or so records and them move to top using scroll bar and tehn to down. You will see the flicker. With standard list ctrl there is no flicker.

srana View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2003 at 12:08am

When we use the mouse on the scroll bars there is considerable flicker.

But when we use pageup page down or resizing there is no flicker.

You can test it with a limited data with single column also.

Regards

Shrishail Rana

Shrishail Rana
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2003 at 11:10am

This problem has been corrected with the upcoming release of the toolkit.  As a work around, comment out the following 2 lines in the message map for the CXTListCtrl class:

// ON_WM_HSCROLL()
// ON_WM_VSCROLL()

Regards,
Codejock Support

Edited by Administrator
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic