Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Maximize docking pane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maximize docking pane
    Posted: 06 September 2019 at 2:45pm
I believe the answer is no. However, I did add a minimize and restore icon to the mini frame window using the caption buttons collection and handled the OnCaptionButtonClick event. I also had to draw them. So I get close.

There is an issue or two. I found the OnToolHitTest code fails to string mnemonics from the tooltip ("Mi&nimize" is displayed). And even though I overrode OnToolHitTest and first called the CJ method, nHit returned as -1 at first. That was because CJ failed to load the string. I made sure I set our res handle in a AfxSetResourceHandle call to fix that (but our string is used in multiple places and has that & in it).

Another issue is that even when the pane is iconic, CJ shows the blue background at the original size if the user moves the iconic window around. So, I need to shut that off if possible when the window is iconic. I can add another tooltip to get rid of the & or strip it out myself so that's not so bad. But the potentially big blue draw window will be a killer issue if I can't turn it off.
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2019 at 9:52am
I want to make the maximize and restore caption buttons visible on my CXTPDockingPaneMiniWnd. But, the CJ code in CXTPDockingPaneTabbedContainer::IsAllowMaximize returns FALSE if there is only one tabbed container in the parent container.

That appears to be a way to maximize the tabbed container with respect to other containers when they all reside in the same parent container.

What I need to do is maximize my docking pane in the same way other windows can maximize (use the whole screen).

Is this possible with CJ docking panes?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic