Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TabControl is not a "container"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superpippo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TabControl is not a "container"
    Posted: 30 May 2018 at 11:55am
Microsoft standard control have two different "tab" control: SSTab and TabStrip.

The SSTab is a "container" control, TabStrip isn't.

Working to move my application from SSTab control to Codejock TabControl i am not able to deal the CJ TabControl as a container. So it seems that CJ TabControl can be a substitute for TabStrip only.

In attachment a simple sample code. In this code i try to put some tabcontrols inside other tabcontrols via container property. When you run the code it seems to work, but if you try to click the tab with "3-2" caption everything disappear.

There is something i don't understand or as i think CJ Tabcontrol cannot be a container ?

Thanks in advance
Maurizio Fichera

SuperPippo
gibra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2018 at 4:12am
Have you solved this issue?
gibra
CJ SuiteControl v: 13.x to 19.x
Windows 10 64bit
VS2019 - VB6.0 SP6
<a href="http://nuke.vbcorner.net/Home/tabid/36/language/en-US/Default.aspx" rel="nofollow">VS/VB 6.0 Installer v6.8
Superpippo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superpippo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2018 at 4:30am
No, because TabControl is not a container and no support came from codejock until now.
SuperPippo
gibra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2018 at 5:11am
A TabControl control is a container of TabControlPages, therefore after added the TabControl in your form you have to add each TabControlPage you need over the TabControl (drag).
Then insert your controls on the related TabControlPage.

On toolbox, you find the TabControlPage icon after the TabControl.

see attached sample:
gibra
CJ SuiteControl v: 13.x to 19.x
Windows 10 64bit
VS2019 - VB6.0 SP6
<a href="http://nuke.vbcorner.net/Home/tabid/36/language/en-US/Default.aspx" rel="nofollow">VS/VB 6.0 Installer v6.8
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic