Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ComboBox Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ComboBox Problem
    Posted: 13 September 2016 at 12:47am
When using Markup with the ComboBox control, the XAML output in the dropdown list vanishes as the cursor passes over the items. Oddly, I don't see this happening in the SuiteControls demo app in the combo box with the language names and flags, but I don't see why I am getting different results.

To duplicate this, I created a VB6 app and put a Suite Controls ComboxBox on the form and set EnableMarkup to True and Style to DropDownList. Then I added this code:

Private Sub Form_Load()

With ComboBox1
    .AddItem "Text A"
    .AddItem "Text B"
    .AddItem "Text C"

.AddItem "<StackPanel Orientation='Horizontal'><TextBlock Padding = '0' VerticalAlignment='Center'>" & "XAML A" & "</TextBlock></StackPanel>"
    .AddItem "<StackPanel Orientation='Horizontal'><TextBlock Padding = '0' VerticalAlignment='Center'>" & "XAML B" & "</TextBlock></StackPanel>"
    .AddItem "<StackPanel Orientation='Horizontal'><TextBlock Padding = '0' VerticalAlignment='Center'>" & "XAML C" & "</TextBlock></StackPanel>"
End With

End Sub

When I drop the list down, I see all six items and moving the cursor over the first three non-xaml entries works fine. When the cursor moves over the last three, they blank out.

Is there a way to make this work? I am using version 17.2.

ScottW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2016 at 1:21am
I discovered after I posted this that if you save that test app and exit and then reload it, then it seems to work normally. I tried this twice with different test apps and they both had that redraw problem until I saved and reloaded the project. Odd..

ScottW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2016 at 1:53am
Now that I have everything looking exactly as I'd like with colors and images, I realized that this has created a new problem. It seems to make the AutoComplete property completely non-functional. Is there some way to use markup and still specify the text for autocomplete to use? I love the ability to use colors and images in the list items with markup, but a dropdown list combo with no autocomplete is something I'm pretty sure many of my users will not like.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic