Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Articles and Tutorials
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bugs in style ini - files and how to detect them
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bugs in style ini - files and how to detect them

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alex G. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bugs in style ini - files and how to detect them
    Posted: 28 April 2016 at 12:25pm
Hello,

While integrating the latest layout styles from v17.2 into our ANKHOR FlowSheet, I got always debug asserts after switching to the Office2013WordGrayLight.ini style.

Some parts couldn't get initialized and after a comparison of two Offce related files, I found out why. 

The file Office2013WordGrayLight.ini contained two sections for the Controls.ColorPicker, and in the second one were some typos.

After removing these problems and rebuilding the style.dll, everything was ok.

To be able to find problems like this quicker, I build a FlowSheet which does the job.

The FlowSheet checks for missing sections and missing items in the various sections.

As you can see, I found more issues in these files...

It's not a big thing and I didn't add a GUI to select the searchs paths. You have to type them in manually,
the results will be dumped into the pane Dashboard, check the screenshots.

And this is the output:

So what do you need to use it ?

1. Download the free Community Edition of ANKHOR FlowSheet here : http://ankhor.com/de/support/downloads

2. The FlowSheet itself : uploads/903/AnkhorStyleCheck.zip
    Unzip it first!
    ( A FlowSheet is not a binary and cannot contain any malware. They are compressed XML files. If you are curious, rename the suffix flsx to zip and decompress it )

Have fun and save time !

Best regards
Alex

kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2016 at 9:15am
Thank you Alex, I will make sure these issues are addressed with the next release!  Great job!
Kirk Stowell, President and CEO
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic