Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Integration wizard kills some include paths

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Integration wizard kills some include paths
    Posted: 20 January 2016 at 10:33pm
Hi

Just ran install for Toolkitpro 17 (had been running beta 3), and none of my builds would work any more.

Tracked down that the installer had removed 2 include paths and 1 lib path from our VS2010 setup.

Why?

You might want to check you're not removing non-CJ stuff here.
Marco1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2016 at 5:29am
I had different problems with the installer, too. That' why I don't use it anymore.
It's nice to have one, but not more.

I'm running the installer in a sandbox, extract the source folders and copy the headers in our project. Then I compile all libs in VS and copy them, too.
I just want to have full control over my project and don't want any installers to adjust something.

I really wish, that CJ would offer an alternative download: just a plain archive of the sources.

Algae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2016 at 6:54pm
Anything but standard VS paths are wiped out of the property sheet directories using the Deployment wizard. Redoing them is not so fun.

Bad bad bad.

CJ should know people do create/use other libraries! LOL
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2016 at 8:49pm
Mine were wiped out when installing XTP v17.1 as well (VS 2015).

- Mark R.
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2016 at 1:13pm
Hi guys,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention I will make sure it is addressed before we do the next update, sorry for the trouble.
Kirk Stowell, President and CEO
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic