Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WebBrowser controls shutting down

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WebBrowser controls shutting down
    Posted: 02 October 2015 at 10:18am
I had posted yesterday that my HTML tooltip was shutting down when I am running with 17 and I resize the frame window via the shadow when I have the Office2013/White theme active.

It turns out that this isn't isolated to my tooltip. We have a number of other embedded windows (in docking panes) that use the web browser control. One that connects to a help server, one to youtube, one to facebook. If I start the app and resize the frame from "without" - using the shadow, all of the controls fail to reach the ready state after making a call to navigate.

Monitoring the call to get_ReadyState, I see that state is always "loading". The load never finishes. For my HTML tooltip, I am navigating to a file on disk and I pump messages in a while loop where I check the ready state before proceeding to display the tooltip window. For all the other docking pane based UI I mentioned, we just use CHtmLView and call the Navigate message (that is, there is no need to pump app messages while waiting as these are fully asynchronous UI elements). In my latest test, I just start the app and never do anything to invoke the tooltip code. I just resize the frame and all my web browser control based UIs shut down.

In order to "fix" all these issues, I have to disable the Shadow and suffer with the incredibly hard to resize very thin bordered app window.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic