FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[solved] issue #27101: column header size

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
PhilM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [solved] issue #27101: column header size
    Posted: 30 June 2015 at 10:41am
I found a way around my last problem by setting FixedRowHeight after loading, presumably this is because of the addition you have made to make it call AdjustLayout when this is set. Would be nice if it could sort itself out but this will do for now.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 17.3.0

Platform: Windows 10 / Windows 7

Language: Openedge 11.6

PhilM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 11:29am
Loads better in 17 thanks but not totally solved. There is still a problem if you use custom draw option xtpCustomBeforeDrawRow, have non-resizable columns but then resize the docking pane that the report control is in which dynamically resizes the columns according to the size of the pane.

Is there any chance we can have access to the "AdjustLayout" method? I could probably then make this call when the pane is resized. Or is there any other way around this?

PhilM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 6:48am
Originally posted by olebed olebed wrote:

Hi PhilM,

CXTPReportControl::AdjustLayout() must be called after alignment of column's headers are changed to recalc header height (to prevent "word chopping")). I also added this calls to CXTPReportPaintManager::SetFixedRowHeight and CXTPReportHeader::ResizeColumn.

Also I fix many other bugs in column header alignment. The fix  will be available in the next beta or final release. Once you have an update installed, please make sure everything works as
expected, let me know if there are any issues left.

Regards,
Oleksandr Lebed

It just occurs when you drag resize the column and a word is pushed onto the second line, not when alignment is changed, but it sounds hopeful that you might have fixed it so I'll try it in the next release.

Thanks

olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 8:48am
Does anyone have problems with Markup in column header caption ?
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 4:03pm
Hi PhilM,

CXTPReportControl::AdjustLayout() must be called after alignment of column's headers are changed to recalc header height (to prevent "word chopping")). I also added this calls to CXTPReportPaintManager::SetFixedRowHeight and CXTPReportHeader::ResizeColumn.

Also I fix many other bugs in column header alignment. The fix  will be available in the next beta or final release. Once you have an update installed, please make sure everything works as
expected, let me know if there are any issues left.

Regards,
Oleksandr Lebed
PhilM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PhilM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 6:01am
Any chance you've fixed it in 17? This makes our app look terrible in places...

After upgrading from 13 to 15.1.* if you have the column header alignment set to (xtpAlignmentRight+xtpAlignmentWordBreak) the sort arrow draws over the top of the text, also the height isn't worked out correctly if you have 2 words and you shrink the column so that the second word is on a new line, it chops the bottom half of the second word off.

Although we use Openedge I have also tried altering the VB6 sample code and it does the same thing.

The sort arrow thing is fixed however the word chopping is still an issue in 16.3.1.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic