Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tree view icon not appearing for grandchild rows
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tree view icon not appearing for grandchild rows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulm_wlc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tree view icon not appearing for grandchild rows
    Posted: 28 April 2015 at 9:35am
I have a grid that has a row, plus child rows. The first column is hidden and contains an ID, the second column contains a checkbox, and the third column is the expand/collapse icon for child records. There are additional columns for data. This works as expected. 

Now I need to add another child level (ex. Parent/Child/Grandchild). I can add the rows to the child row, but they don't appear. I can set the Expanded property of the child row and then the grandchild records appear. However, in both cases I don't see the expand/collapse option that I see for the first parent/child set.

The (pseudo) code basically looks like this:

* ID column
col =  Columns.Add(0, "", 0, False)
col.Visible = False

* Checkbox column
col = Columns.Add(1, "", 20, False)
col.Tag = "check"

* Tree +/- column
col = Columns.Add(2, "", 20, False)
col.Tag = "tree"
col.TreeColumn = True

* The rest of the columns are added here

* First-level row
rec = Records.Add()
* ID row item
rec.AddItem(0)

* Checkbox row item
item = rec.AddItem("")
item.HasCheckBox = True

* Placeholder for +/-
item = Rec.AddItem("")

* The rest of the row items are added here

* Add children
recsub = rec.Childs.Add()
recsub.AddItem(0)

* Additional row items added here

* Add grandchild
gc = recsub.Childs.Add()

* Additional data here

Any ideas where I might be going wrong? Is there some additional property I need to set somewhere?
paulm_wlc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulm_wlc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2015 at 9:50am
Well this was dumb. I ended up setting up a really simplified version of the form in my app and everything worked great. After going back and forth between the sample form and my real form I suddenly realized my +/- column on my real form wasn't wide enough to display the +/- box for the grandchild; it was there I just couldn't see it. Duh. Widening that column fixed the issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic