Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ribbon with xtpThemeResource

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ribbon with xtpThemeResource
    Posted: 03 December 2014 at 9:12am
If I set up a ribbon bar with the theme xtpThemeResource, I find that it works well and looks great apart from the fact that the group caption text is clipped.

It appears to be down to the fact that m_nGroupCaptionHeight is too small. This happens because the base class CXTPPaintManager::UpdateFonts function is called and the SetCommandBarsFontIndirect is set up with a CLogFont structure with a smaller lfHeight member than is (presumably) used in the CXTPRibbonThemeResource::DrawGroup function.

The xtpThemeRibbon theme overrides the UpdateFonts and the SetCommandBarsFontIndirect is set up with a CLogFont structure with a bigger lfHeight member.

Is this a bug or should I not be using the xtpThemeResource with a ribbon?

I managed to find a solution by copying the ribbon UpdateFonts function into the CXTPRibbonThemeResource class but I don't like this solution.

Any help or advice would be appreciated,
James
mcmastl View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcmastl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2015 at 2:10pm
Hi James, we have informed our development team of the issue and will be looking into it.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  If the issue has been resolved please let us know.  Thank you.
Luke McMasters, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic