Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Common Dialog Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Common Dialog Issue
    Posted: 12 March 2013 at 2:33pm
When using the Common Dialog control ShowBrowseFolder method, if you don't set the Flags property before you call it, you get a nice sized box that can even be resized. It has the New Folder button and no Edit Box. I wanted the edit box there so I set the flags to just xtpBFEditBox. This makes the edit box work, but the New Folder button goes away, and now the box is smaller and cannot be resized. The only flags listed in the documentation are NoNewFolderButtton, BrowseForComputer and EditBox. How can I get the resizable style dialog with Edit Box AND New Folder button.

Also, this may be a bug. If I set the Flags property, right clicking a folder shows the "What's This" tooltip. If you don't set the Flags property at all and right click a folder, it attempts to create a context menu that fills the entire width of the screen. It has some icons on the left but no text at all. That is just messed up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic