Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FlatEdit pattern bug?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ismstbj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FlatEdit pattern bug?
    Posted: 28 January 2013 at 1:57pm
I can't get the pattern property to work properly on flatedit control (v15.3.1) in vb6. Not even codejock sample works (samples->controls->vb6->suitcontrols)? Seems that no validate events get fired so you can enter any text in the "number only" text field. In addition after entering some text in this field all of the radio buttons/checkboxes in the sample stop reacting on mouse clicks? 
ismstbj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ismstbj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2013 at 1:59am
I'll respond to this myself. It's no bug. Setting the pattern property doesn't prevent me for entering illegal characters, but only mark the text if it does not match the pattern. I seem to have some coloring issue with my virtual machine/remote desktop settings cause I didn't see this red mark.

The problem with buttons/checkboxes that stopped reacting on mouse clicks was caused nby still having  illegal characters in the edit control. It seems that no focus change is allowed in that situation.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic