Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RibbonBar load and Save issus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ssytems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RibbonBar load and Save issus
    Posted: 28 June 2012 at 8:06pm
Hi, this problem is driving me crazy and I can't seem to find a solution in the forum:
I have created a really beautiful commandbar ribbon for my app using the designer.
After spending many days doing this, I thought being able to use it in my app would be easy and straight forward. But not. Here's what I am trying to do:

'Load the bar from designer file
(1) cmdBar.LoadDesignerBars App.Path & "\res\_Ribbon.xcb", Me
'This works beautifully. However, I don't want to distribute the designer file with my app...so using the other save and load features, I have converted the xcb file to xml, and even save in registry using
(2) cmdBar.SaveCommandBars App.CompanyName, "MyApp", "_RibbonLayout"
and
(3) cmdBar.SaveStateToXMLString("DesignerFile", myStateOptions)
' Then I try to load it in 2 different ways:
(4) cmdBar.LoadStateFromXMLString "DesignerFile", myXMLLayout, myStateOptions
OR cmdBar.LoadCommandBars App.CompanyName, "MyApp", "_RibbonLayout.

None of this works. It just wont load. If I load using the xcb file, it is fine. I can see data in both the XML and registry after the save. So what gives?

so my question:
How can I use the great ribbon that I created and saved as .xcb and .xml file in my app without loading it from the .xcb file all the time when my app is distributed? I want to load the .xcb file the first time, save the ribbon to either the registry and then install the registry at the client, then load from registry after that. I don't want to have to re-write the whole ribbon in code after spending all that time designing it. Very frustrating. Please help.
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 9:59am
Just Right-click CB on your form and choose Load CommandBars (*.xcb).  Then you will not need the file any more.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic