Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dock a pane as if it where a MDI window

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoseAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dock a pane as if it where a MDI window
    Posted: 12 December 2011 at 1:31pm
Hi to everybody!

I wish to be able to dock a docking pane in a CXTPTabClientWnd like if the pane where a MDI window.
And also I wish to be able to undock a MDI window from the CXTPTabClientWnd like if it where a docking pane and not a MDI window.

The MDITabWindow example is not enough interactive when undocking the MDI window (you have to right click the window and select Dockable), and also to dock it again in the client window, you have to right click and unselect Dockable), and of course you can't dock any docking window inside the client window.

You can do it with Visual Studio 2010 and the way to do it is really intuitive, and it is really nice because in a multi monitor environment, you can move the MDI window outside the application and in my case, it will help to my customers.

Any idea?
Thank you.
Willowmaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willowmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2011 at 3:51am
I tried something similar with activex (if I understand you correctly), but when dragging a window to the other monitor resulted for me in not being able to tab back to other the other windows. I'm not sure if that's important for you, but it was for me. I opened a support ticket for this.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.3.1

Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3 (on VMWare)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic