Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DropRecordsEx stops firing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyhenson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DropRecordsEx stops firing
    Posted: 30 November 2011 at 6:21pm
Win 7, C#, v15 of CJ ActiveX controls.
I have 2 ReportControls on a WinForm that are setup to drag a record from #1 to #2. Both report controls have 3 columns.
I'm using DragOverRecords() and DropRecordsEx(). It works fine as long as I don't click on one of the column headers to sort. I can also get it to 'not work' from the beginning if I set the target report control .SortOrder property.
It seems like sorting or allowing sort of a column is disabling the DropRecordEx event.

I still get DragOverRecords events but the DropRecordsEx event will not fire.

Help?? You can respond to my email below. I'll check back here as well.

Thanks!

Gary Henson
Software Developer
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.0
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3
Language: Visual Basic 6.0
garyhenson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyhenson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2011 at 11:26am
Found the 'problem'. I needed to set '.SortedDragDrop' to true.
The documentation on this property poor (as in blank!), please add SOMETHING to explain it.
Software Developer
garyhenson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyhenson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2011 at 3:46pm
However I still need to know what effect setting .SortedDragDrop = true vs. the default (False) has on report controls if anything.
I have a generic call to set Paint properties on all report controls in the product regardless if they support Drag/Drop. I could add .SortedDragDrop=true there and not have to fix each report control instance.
However if setting .SortedDragDrop=true changes the behavior of a report control I can't risk that simple fix.
Please tell what behavior setting .SortDragDrop=true has on a report control. If it only 'allows' DropRecordsEx() to drop on a report control that has column sorting to work but doesn't affect any other behavior I'm ok.
Thanks!
Software Developer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic