Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - VB6 PROGRAMMER NEEDED: Excellent UI Skills A Must!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VB6 PROGRAMMER NEEDED: Excellent UI Skills A Must!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tfrancois View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrancois Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VB6 PROGRAMMER NEEDED: Excellent UI Skills A Must!
    Posted: 05 November 2011 at 10:27am
Hello fellow VB6 programmers:

I am looking for expert VB6 programmers with EXCELLENT user interface skills who can help me continue development on an as-needed basis on a VB6 application I have worked on for the last few years.  I've got more work than I can handle and would love to farm out small projects on the TO DO list as often as possible.

REQUIREMENTS:

- Expert, above average UI skills
- Expertise in working with Codejock SuitePro controls (almost ALL work will require the usage of these excellent components)
- XAML expertise a huge plus!
- Experience in programming interoperability layers between classic VB6 and .NET/VB 2008+
- Available for consistent work on a per-hour or per-project/task basis
- Will accept Paypal for payment
- Must be able to communicate well in English

I have 2 tasks that I have immediate need for right away and would love to use these as good indicators of how good a fit or programmer the ideal candidate would be.  Brief descriptions below:

TASK #1: COMMENT/DIARY/LOG CUSTOM CONTROL

I need a custom control written almost entirely in XAML (using markup label or equivalent) that will replicate the functionality of a web-based discussion forum, but on a much smaller scale.  This should enable users to add comment after comment (preferably in rich text), as opposed to comments with nested replies.  Basically this would provide the functionality of a "diary" or log with unlimited, audited (name, date & time) entries.  Users would use it to enter in notes, reminders, comments to other users, or contain auto-generated system messages for the individual database record to which it is attached or belongs to.  The entire "log" should be able to be saved and retrieved in XML format for quick access to/from a database.  It should be resizable and be very intuitive (with add,edit and delete buttons) and very professional-looking.  I would be willing to pay by the hour or for a fixed rate fee depending on what makes most sense.

TASK #2: SIZE/COLOR GRID

I need the a fully-functional grid (written in XAML) that will be able to have a dynamic number of columns and rows with capability for custom headers on the "size" columns.  The rows and columns should have auto-calculated totals at the end of each row/column and the leftmost column should have dropdown list capability for the available colors.  The data entered should be easily saveable and retrievable via a single XML-populated text property.  I did the work for this grid with a fixed number of rows and columns using a grid control, but now need a complete rewrite that enables the flexibility of any number of rows (colors) and columns (sizes).  And again, I would be willing to negotiate a per-hour or fixed rate fee for this project.  Let's discuss what would make sense.

If anyone is interested in one or both of these projects to start, please reply to this post or send me a private message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.  I want someone who is meticulous in their coding and proficient in UI design.  If all works out well on these starter projects, there will be much more work available in the same or much broader vain.  Thanks and hope to hear from someone soon.

-Teddy F.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
     Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3
     Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic