Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] VBMenu replaced by Commandbars menu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] VBMenu replaced by Commandbars menu
    Posted: 21 July 2011 at 1:29pm
Hi,

I know I had issues in the past with VB menu and CJ controls together on same form (SkinFrameWork, DockingPane and Commandbars) so I decided to replace all VB menus with CJ Commandbars Shocked

Yes, finally... So dropping a CB on main form, create menu in code, add necessary event handlers, done... Let's do some tests and see how it looks

Damn, a lot of flickering when showing/closing other forms. It just looks like the statusbar (also CJ) hides and DockingPane resizes all panes and Statusbar is showing again (this happens in a split second)

I didn't want to change anything in my original project, so I just copied entire project and tried to:
  • Set order of the controls (SkinFrameWork, DockingPane and Commandbars) NO LUCK
  • Removed entire VB menu (I removed all in code with creating CJ menu, but just be sure) NO LUCK
  • Removed MS statusbar (wasn't visible but just be sure) NO LUCK
  • Another attempt to set order of the controls (SkinFrameWork, DockingPane and Commandbars) NO LUCK
  • Rearranging code (creating CJ menu before creating panes, no Statusbar, no menu) NO LUCK
  • Don't know what I did but I think set SkinFrameWork to BACK. I'm not sure though, I was desperate after hours of trying, rearraging, removing etc etc. so I'm not sure...

But yes I got it working now and without the flickers. The thing that worries me is that I change the order of controls and I can't get it working anymore. I have the form backuped a couple of times just to be sure !!!

Now, is there someone from support who knows exactly what to do? Please, respond to this post      

Thanks a lot

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 2:06pm
Do you have one of your handy projects for us to see what you do?

I assume you send Docking Panes to BACK and have this line:
DockingPaneManager.SetCommandBars Me.CommandBars
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by SuperMario SuperMario wrote:

Do you have one of your handy projects for us to see what you do?

I assume you send Docking Panes to BACK and have this line:
DockingPaneManager.SetCommandBars Me.CommandBars

Hi SuperMario,

Yes, I did that but that didn't make any difference (after I dropped CB on form) so I did some fiddling as I mentioned in topmost reply and "suddely" it worked....

So you say I only have to
  • send DP to BACK
  • DockingPaneManager.SetCommandBars Me.CommandBars
and it should work? I'm sure I did that (because of the huge number of posts regarding this issue in this forum) I have still my original project with the VB menu, I will make a copy, try again tomorrow and will report back inhere.

Thanks 

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 4:10pm
I can't think of any other reason than the one I mentioned.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 10:53am
Hi,

You are right, I tried with new copy and the only thing I had to do is:
  • send DockingPane to BACK
  • Me.wndDockingPaneMain .SetCommandBars Me.CommandBarsMain

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic