Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Using DockingPanes in VC6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OptJuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using DockingPanes in VC6
    Posted: 27 April 2011 at 6:18pm
I use the CodeJock DockingPane v9.81 and with the IE9 a bug appeared in the DockingPane.

From what I've read in the forum this was fixed in the last release. The problem is that I use VC6 in the components where I have the DockingPane and for time and development costs I cannot upgrade it yet.

The issue is that I cannot compile my projects with the demo DockingPane (v15.0.2) in VC6. It will give me LNK2001 errors.

Also from the forum I'm aware that you require that the application needs the "Treat wchar_t as Builtin Type = Yes" which I cannot find in VC6 and is probably not supported.

Anyhow I need to know if the new DockingPane will work in VC6 because I have to fix the IE9 issue ASAP.
OptJuan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OptJuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2011 at 10:05am
I think the LNK2001 problems are only happening in code I have in a template class defined entirely in a .H file.

Did something change related to that between the 9.81 version and the 15.0.2 version?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 2:26am
too odd. at least show full error that you see.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
OptJuan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OptJuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 4:11pm
Odd indeed, it's even more since I only replace the #import from 9.81 to the demo 15.0.2.

CustomFilter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: short __thiscall XtremeDockingPane::IPane::GetHidden(void)" (?GetHidden@IPane@XtremeDockingPane@@QAEFXZ)
Filter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: short __thiscall XtremeDockingPane::IPane::GetHidden(void)" (?GetHidden@IPane@XtremeDockingPane@@QAEFXZ)

My code is something like this (a .H file):

template<class T, class TCtrl>
class ICustomPaneImpl : public ICustomPane
{
     virtual ECustomPaneMode GetPaneMode()
     {
          if(!m_bInitialized) return epmClosed;
          if(m_pPaneContainer->Closed == VARIANT_TRUE) return epmClosed;
          if(m_pPaneContainer->Hidden == VARIANT_TRUE) return epmLoose;
          return epmDocked;
     }

Apparently using Hidden, Closed or any other member in the template class makes the compiler unhappy. In another projects it works only when I'm calling the members in .cpp files.

I don't have idea what's going on, maybe you can point me what to look for. All I've changed is the #import, and it was all working with the 9.81 version.
OptJuan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OptJuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 2:19pm
Ok I bought the upgrade and as I feared It won't compile in member calls .H files. I need information. I have to email support for this?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic