Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XtremeSuite.chi file

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XtremeSuite.chi file
    Posted: 17 February 2005 at 4:59am

What happened to the XtremeSuite.chi file for the 9.6 help files?

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 10:32am
They were not created this time.  If you need them, send in a support issue and I can create them for you.
JamesH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 11:37am
The latest release (9.60) is also missing any pre-compiled samples.  Since there are only 2 WTL sample apps (for command bars and the panes) it makes it hard to see the other controls working if you do not have an environment where you can compile the other samples.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 11:39am
Not sure what you mean.  You want the exe for each sample included?
JamesH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 11:50am

Originally posted by SuperMario SuperMario wrote:

Not sure what you mean.  You want the exe for each sample included?

Well ideally I would like a WTL version of each sample included, but the 9.51 release had a .exe for at least some of the samples.  In the 9.6 release if you don't have VB there is no way to see things like the popup control for example.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 11:56am
Good point.  I will recommend that the exe's be included in the next release, or maybe create a separate "Demo" download for vb examples. 
Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 12:41pm

I agree that having this available would be nice.  Even though I have VB, I hate having to open the IDE just to run a sample.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 12:44pm
Ok, Chi and exe's are included for next release
gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 12:49pm
I recently downloaded an application framework with a few dozen VB samples, none of which were compiled. However, there was a batch file located in the root of the Samples folder. When the batch file was run, it compiled all the samples sequentially (using the VB6.exe command line). I found this very handy, and the other upside is it didn't bog down the download size at all. The downside is that this wouldn't be any help for anyone without VB.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic