Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EditItem Method sample?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakerunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EditItem Method sample?
    Posted: 02 November 2010 at 2:08am
Can anybody give me an example how to use edititem with recordrow and recordcolumn?
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.3.1
Platform: Windows 7 64 bit
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 2:22am
Hi,

You mean edit item by code?

Me.wndReportControl.Navigator.MoveToRow 1
Me.wndReportControl.Navigator.MoveFirstColumn
Me.wndReportControl.Navigator.BeginEdit

Will move position to second row and FIRST "cell" and start edit

if not you have to explain your question a little better Wink

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2

Zero replies is not an option....
wakerunner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakerunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 9:27am

No, sorry I wasn't more specific, I wanted to get some sample code for the "edititem method"

EditItem Method

Description

Places an item into edit mode via code.

Syntax

Public Sub EditItem( _
   ByVal Item As PropertyGridItem, _
   ByVal SelectText As Boolean _
) 

Parameters

Item
Item to place into edit mode.
SelectText
True to start edit mode with all the text selected\highlighted, False to start edit mode with the cursor at the beginning of the text with nothing highlighted.

Remarks

EditItem allows you to programmatically simulate a mouse click\double click to put an item into edit mode.

See Also

PropertyGrid Control

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 12:16pm
Hi,

Do you need PropertyGrid or ReportControl EditItem method?

ReportControl: Use above code

PropertyGrid: wndPropertyGrid.EditItem wndPropertyGrid.FindItem(ID_OF_ITEM), True '(or False)

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2

Zero replies is not an option....
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakerunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 12:37pm
I was looking for some actual sample code, which is very sparse in the Codejock help files but never mind I decided to use another control for what I was doing. Codejock controls are nice if you can get them to work but due to very poor help files with very little sample code it usually takes you a lot of extra time to do anything with codejock.

Albert1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by wakerunner wakerunner wrote:

Codejock controls are nice if you can get them to work but due to very poor help files with very little sample code it usually takes you a lot of extra time to do anything with codejock.
IMHO CJ's help is one of the best around (try to find something in the MS Excel help Wink ... its worse than the CJ one). The sample code is enough to do the job.

The *art* of computer programming is not copy-paste based.

I agree RC is not a simple control to use. This is due (imho) to the continue patching and because it's designed to do data entry and report in the same control (utopia!).
Maybe other controls (commandbar, panel and some controls) are more refined but even RC is good.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.4.1 / 16.3.0

Platform: Windows Vista (32bit) - SP 2

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 (SP6)

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakerunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 5:56pm
I agree its not a simple control to use and it is very advanced, but the reason its not simple is there is virtually no documentation. Help topics that don't give examples of how to use a function, with links to other topics without examples. The help file has the same topics repeated over and over for every control that shares the functions with absolutely no difference in the content except for the "See also".
The *art* of computer programming is not copy and paste based. lol, nothing in the help to even reference, much less copy and paste. I guess you think the *art* of programming is trial and error for hours when a simple example would have explained it in 2 seconds.

Open their help file and you will see how much effort went into it, how hard is it to compile a help file and set it to remember its last windows size? Instead theirs opens up in the tiny preset size they think we should all be crammed into.

I know writing help takes almost as much time as the code but come on, hire somebody part time to improve your help why don't you or have somebody spend an hour a week on it, how expensive could it be?

This all being said CJ does make some fine control, but like I said it will take you much longer than it should to do anything due to poor documentation.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic