Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] V13.4.1 Issues [4] Solved [4]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] V13.4.1 Issues [4] Solved [4]
    Posted: 06 October 2010 at 6:51am
Hi,

I don't know if these problems are "implemented" in V13.4.1 or existing ones in previous versions. 
Just try it with you own Sample

1. FreezeColumnDivider disappears when setting AutoColumnSizing = True.
  2. In FocusChanging event NewItem and NewColumn return nothing.
  3. Clicking plus/minus button all columns disappear (AutoColumnSizing = False, FreezeColumnCount = 3 and FullColumnSizing = True) If you scroll RC few columns to the right and do same thing, you will see Dead
  4. Combo width (ItemControls) calculated wrong way (Width is calculated including TreeIndent, think same way as editing a reportItem which is fixed in new version)  

Solution:
  1. If there's no scrollbar visible, no need to show divider  
  2. Seems we have to set .FocusSubItems = True to get NewItem & NewColumn values in FocusChanging event.
  3. Will be fixed in V15.0
  4. Seems this has been fixed in V13.4.2

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 11:41am
Hi Aaron,

concerning the problem 2: This is a main reason to not install and use the V13.4.1 !!
Many forms in my application need the FocusChanging, but if i don't get the NewColmn/NewItem information i can't use the reportcontrol.

So i will stay on V13.4.0. Known errors i have workarounds.

Because of this long process with new versions and new errors of previously no-errors we decide now to not prolongate our subscription.
The last version is V13.4.0 is stable for our application and works from Windwos2000/SP4 until Windows7 (including 64-Bit!).
We don't need new features.

Thanks for the controls, but nothing more Angry.
Sorry, but best wishes for the future.

Baldur
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Baldur Baldur wrote:

Hi Aaron,

concerning the problem 2: This is a main reason to not install and use the V13.4.1 !!
[...] 

Hi Baldur,

Did you install V13.4.1 and found the bug I mentioned? At first I thought it was because I didn't uninstall previous versions but to make sure I uninstalled previous versions and indeed the problem is still there. I really hope CJ will fix this very soon.

Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 11:37am
Hi Aaron,

i didn't install the new version, because your documentation of errors is enough for me to don't do this.
In the past, most errors are documented from you and this are importend hints for me.

I have had also some problems, if different versions are installed.
At the moment, all my customers don't use any software, that uses also Codejock's controls so i'm been lucky.
But in my own application with some different exe-modules i have had in the past installed different version of codejocks. I don't know, how VB6 instantiates COM-Activex's exactly.
Codejock don't change for each version the class-id, only the version-no.!

So i installed one Module with the Version 13.3.0 and a new one with 13.4.0.
The dll's are both in the system32, but are registred with the same class-id.
The old Module accesses the new controls !!!
And now the error:
At loading time of the exe i get a licenseerror with the codejock's controls and the application can't start.

The class-id's are not changed but the internal license-key, which is embedded from VB6-Compiler.
Great misbehaviour !!!

If codecock solve the new problem(s) in the same time as from version 13.4.0 to 13.4.1 my subscription is off.
I have no hope anymore. In the past (until 12.2) CJ works faster and safer.

Regards
Baldur
(in the hope, that my customers don't use CJ's with other applications furthermore).
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2011 at 6:49am
Hello,

Thanks, finally checking this.

About 2 - do you have wndReportControl.FocusSubItems = True , because if its False Newitem and NewColumn undefined.

About 3 - Fixed
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2011 at 2:47pm

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for fixing 3.

1. The only thing you have to do is setting AutoColumnSizing to True during runtime and divider will disappear.
  2. OK, seems we have to set .FocusSubItems = True to get NewItem & NewColumn values in FocusChanging event.

Thanks

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2011 at 3:58am
1. Yes, I see. But what sense in Freeze columns if AutoColumnSizing = true ?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2011 at 4:26am

Hi Oleg,

Of course it doesn't make sense if there's no scrollbar visible. For some reason I had to show the divider with AutoColumnSizing = True or False in combination with BestFit. I really don't know anymore, it has been too long since I added this to the list. I will strike this in my list.

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic