Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Task Panel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Taskpanel with scrollbar FLICKERS my usercontrol
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taskpanel with scrollbar FLICKERS my usercontrol

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pxpx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taskpanel with scrollbar FLICKERS my usercontrol
    Posted: 14 September 2010 at 9:16am
Hello everyone,

I have a form with 3 task panel, in a simple layout:
the third taskpanel contains 3 groups, each one with a frame and some controls inside.

The third group has an usercontrol inside (we have developed it, so it's in the same
vb6 DLL = runs with sources) with a lot of controls (textboxes, labels, command, frames,
grids, tabs).

As the groups don't fit anymore in the panel, and the scrollbar appears, the usercontrol
we have done flickers in an horrible way: take a look at the attached picture to see the
results. Seems like only the textboxes and the comboboxes flickers: as I stand still
with the scrollbar they come back as before.

If I scroll the mousewheel the flickering doesn't happen.

Can someone please give me an advice to avoid this behaviour? can this be correct in the next release?

Thank you
px

rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 11:39am
I have a similar issue. We add items that are simply dialog boxes. When the user scrolls, all the child windows flicker because of background erase and paint messages. So far I have been unable to get "smooth" scrolling. It is more noticeable when using the scroll bar but I can detect the messages when using the wheel too.

One thing I tried was to create my taskpanel using WS_CLIPCHILDREN. When I did that and scrolled, I got an image that looks a lot like yours. Do you have WS_CLIPCHILDREN style set on your panel window?
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 12:35pm
pxpx,

You inspired me to go back and revisit my flashing. I added WS_EX_COMPOSITED style to my task panel window. That smoothed out my scrolling (had no effect on my dialogs I insert in so I tried the panel).

When I did that I again got an image that looks like yours. My background was not erasing correctly. My dialog class I use in the task panel was returning the HOLLOW_BRUSH when OnEraseBackground was called. I changed to use CDialog::OnEraseBackground. Now I have the same look as before and my scrolling is smooth.

So perhaps you have an erase background issue either with your control or the dialog. You might try experimenting with the extended style, your background erasing and possibly the clip styles to see if you can arrive at a solution.
Jebo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 3:16pm
Exactly same problem. This Refresh Bug occurs only on Windows 64-Bit (both -> Win7 and Vista) and with SandyBridge-CPU's.

CJ, PLEASE FIX IT!!!

[Sig removed by Admin: Signature can't exceed 40GB]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic