Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [BUG] Adding a custom control to the commandbar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[BUG] Adding a custom control to the commandbar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [BUG] Adding a custom control to the commandbar
    Posted: 19 August 2010 at 11:16am
Hi,

I have a problem whereby I've added a CJ DateTimePicker control that I add to the CommandBar. When I select the DateTimePicker, it jumps out of the bar into a random place on the screen.

If you use a standard VB DateTimePicker, it works as expected and doesn't jump about! I have similar experiences with the CJ Treeview being in the docking panes compared to a VB Treeview!

Is this a bug in my version of CJ? I don't want to request the company upgrades without fully knowing it's fixed in later versions..

Cheers
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 18.5.0

Platform: Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2010 at 11:35am
Try putting the control in a PictureBox and then attaching the PictureBox as the custom control.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

Hemesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 4:00am
that'll probably work as I've done that with the treeview in the docking panes.

Seems a bit untidy that I need to stick them into a picturebox though since normal vb controls are ok :S Is this a confirmed bug that needs to be fixed? I couldn't see it on any issues list in the releases?

and a minor thing for CJ please... can you make the dropdown on the DateTimePicker control to line up it's border to the left of the control? It's slightly indented and I think it'll look cleaner having it in line with the control!

Hemesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 6:15am
An Additional question to this.. I'm trying to make the command bar control have a caption so it's next to the above box. I can't stick a label in the picture box with this date picker because the skin doesn't get carried through and looks odd...?

Is there a way to use the combo box and label together in one control or do I have to add a label control, then the combo box (so it's not two seperate ones).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic