Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gui_WinZip Compile Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwhagen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gui_WinZip Compile Error
    Posted: 15 May 2003 at 2:57pm

When compiling the 3.00 library under the ALL Projects, I am receiving this error:

--------------------Configuration: GUI_WinZip - Win32 Unicode Debug--------------------
Compiling...
MainFrm.cpp
D:\Codejock Software\Xtreme Toolkit\Samples\GUI_WinZip\MainFrm.cpp(230) : error C2664: 'LoadBarState' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'char [10]' to 'const unsigned short *'
        Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
Error executing cl.exe.

All Projects - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

The line at fault is:

LoadBarState("Bar State");

and changing it to

LoadBarState(_T("Bar State"));

Allows it to compile.

chaos user View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaos user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2003 at 1:20am

well you obviosly are compiling in uncode, where the characters are 2 bytes

Compile in Win32 Debug

Oh you might've installed the codejock XT only in unicode. Reistall it with normal ANSI support.

//forever loop
while(metal.rulez())
dostuff(); // :)
jwhagen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwhagen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2003 at 6:24am

Yes, I am using UniCode (intentional) and have installed the full compliment of DLLs and Library files for the XTreme Toolkit. I need it to work in Unicode.

Thanks.

chaos user View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaos user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2003 at 6:30am

well than you must link to the unicode libraries and write each string like this

L"Sample constant string"

without the L character it would be interpreted as char*, while  you need WCHAR*

//forever loop
while(metal.rulez())
dostuff(); // :)
jwhagen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwhagen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2003 at 11:55am

Um... I was trying to let Codejock know of problems with their source code, not mine. Thanks anyway.

Edited by jwhagen
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2003 at 10:14am

Hello,

This problem has been corrected and a new version of the Xtreme Toolkit v3.1 has just been posted and is ready for download.

Cheers,
Codejock Support

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic