Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with Windows 7 skinframework

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midoiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with Windows 7 skinframework
    Posted: 17 June 2010 at 4:01am
Hi friends,
I have an application that uses skinframework and works perfectly on windows xp.
I develop using vb6 and suite pro 2008, but when I run my application on windows 7 some components doesn't work. The theme is not applied for the grids and tabs.
could you help me?
thank you very much
mehrman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mehrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2010 at 8:50am
I had the same issue.  No help from Xtreme.  My solution: if grid, tabs, etc. were place on same form as SkinFramework OCX (even not visible) and then I apply the skin, then subsequent forms work fine.  If these 'problem' controls are not 'in memory' when I apply the skin framework (i.e. forms are not in memory yet), then they malfunction - grid scrollbars don't work, tabs don't skin, etc.
jpinzon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpinzon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2010 at 9:14am
We had the same problem.  We solved the problem by adding invisible dummy versions of each affected control to the first form the skin was applied to.  It seems that a sample control needs to be loaded in memory prior to applying the skin.  We had this problem with VB treeview, MSHFlexGrid, Navigation Pane, date picket, and Sheridan Tab Controls.  This fixed the problem on Windows 7 machines.
Joey P
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic