Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOLVED Problem with Version 13.3.1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOLVED Problem with Version 13.3.1
    Posted: 11 March 2010 at 12:46pm
I have now installed the new version 13.3.1 for my application.
The main problem, editing the ReportControl, is solved.

But now i have new problems:

If i use in the SkinFramework the xtpSkinApplyMenus i must cancel the skinning at application-end to prevent a crash in the VB6-IDE.
But, this my be ok.

Than, you provide a new property in ReportControl:

ShowNonActiveInPlaceButton

I expected, if i click the button when the item is not in editmode, the edit ist automatically started AND the action will happen.
For exsample: i define a dropdown-inplaceeditbutton, but the dropdownlist will not appear.
I need a second click to the button.
This will not realy help.

Also i miss
- autocomplete-property for constraints like Commandbar-Combobox
- skinning the dropdownlist
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2010 at 9:11am
The biggest problem now for 13.3.1 is:

The VB6-IDE WILL ALWAYS CRASH after end of debugging.
I don't know, whats happen, i destroy and close all dockingpanes, i unload all forms, i'm sure, that no objects are still active.
The IDE will come back after the debugapplication ends, i can do some edits in my source, but if i restart the debug (e.g. F5 or CTRL+F5), the IDE Crashes!
Sometimes with the microsofts problem-window (Application encounters a problem ...), somtimes the ide ends without any message.

Version 12.0.2 before does nothing. I could restart the debug as often i want.
The crash happens only, if i stop the application from the debugger and not normal with the closebutton.

Regarding the other problems i found in the threads here, i think i go back to my working version 12.0.2.
In this case i don't need new versions and don't prolongate my subscription.

Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2010 at 11:17am
The solution, that the IDE doesn't crash is:

All CommandBar- and CommandBarFrames-Objects must be processed with the Designer to store (i think) internally a new layout.
The Problem here is (not nice), that in designmode of a form, from CommandBarFrame-Objects only the (unwanted) StatusBar is visible.
At Runtime i must change the property StatusBar.Visible to false.

If i have attached a CommandBar to a PicturBox, i must detach it at Form_Unload-Event (set the handle to zero).
Also i must check in CommandBar_Resize-Event if the form is already unloaded and do nothing, otherwise the form will be loaded again and my application works wrong.

Additionally, if i deal with circular references, e.g. i store TreeViewNode in ReportRecord.Tag and viseversa, i must clear this by myself.
If i do this not, CodeJock will crash because objects will not be destroyed and perhaps raises unwanted events.

Why i found this ?
In most cases after restart the Application from IDE, i get unexpected Errors in CommandBar-Objects, e.g. on access of the CommandBar.Actions.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic