Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with LoadStateFromString

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoshV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with LoadStateFromString
    Posted: 09 January 2005 at 5:57pm

I have several dynamic toolbars with dropdown lists (xtpControlSplitButtonPopup) that change based upon the type of  'document' that a user has opened.  For example, I want to display 3 control buttons with 'A', 'B', and 'C' one time a user logs in and I want it to be 'D', 'E', and 'F' on the next login.

I'm fine loading these programically, but as soon as I use LoadStateFromString to try to restore the last position of each of the application's toolbars, I run into problems.  My dropdown lists no longer contain the values I programitacally load.  Instead they show the content of the lists as they were when I last called SaveStateToString. 

I can see where that might make sense, but when I try delete these list items and re-add them with the correct items, the control doesn't update on the screen.  If I had 'A', 'B', and 'C' showing the last time I called SaveStateToString and then run code such as:

-------------------

Public ToolbarAssignment As CommandBar
Public ToolbatAssignmentPopup As CommandBarPopup

-------------------

Set ToolbarAssignment = CommandBars1.Add("Assignment", xtpBarTop)
With ToolbarAssignment.Controls

Set ToolBarAssignmentPopup = .Add(xtpControlSplitButtonPopup, 0, "Assignments")
   ToolBarAssignmentPopup.ID = ID_ASSIGNPOPUP

End With

CommandBars1.LoadStateFromString    &nbs p;

ToolBarAssignmentPopup.CommandBar.Controls.DeleteAll
ToolBarAssignmentPopup.CommandBar.Controls.Add(xtpControlBut ton, 100, 'D')
ToolBarAssignmentPopup.CommandBar.Controls.Add(xtpControlBut ton, 101, 'E')
ToolBarAssignmentPopup.CommandBar.Controls.Add(xtpControlBut ton, 102, 'F')

---------------------

After this, the control still shows 'A', 'B', and 'C'  When I access the ToolBarAssignmentPopup buttons through code, I correctly see 'D', 'E', and 'F'.  Do I need to do something to force the control to repaint or refresh?  Does my variable ToolBarAssignmentPopup no longer reference the same node in the commandbar after calling LoadStateFromString?

Thanks.

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2005 at 7:17am
First make sure that ToolBarAssignmentPopup  was added to the toolbar before the layout was saved.

Try:
       CommandBars.LoadStateFromString

Set ToolBarAssignmentPopup = CommandBars.ActiveMenuBar.FindControl(xtpControlSplitButt onPopup, ID_ASSIGNPOPUP, ,TRUE)
        With ToolBarAssignmentPopup .CommandBar.Controls
            .Add xtpControlBut ton, 100, 'D'
            .Add xtpControlBut ton, 101, 'E'
            .Add xtpControlBut ton, 102, 'F'
         End With

Edited by SuperMario
JoshV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoshV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2005 at 11:24am

When I call FindControl as outlined above, it sets ToolBarAssignmentPopup to Nothing.

If I just reference the object variable without setting it in the FindControl call, it is not Nothing (ie ToolbarAssignmentPopup is Nothing = False).  This object reference (ToolbarAssignmentPopup) allows me to call ToolbarAssignmentPopup.CommandBar.Control.DeleteAll etc, without generating an error, but they have no effect on the screen.

If I don't call LoadStateFromString in the code segment you gave above, the FindControl works without a problem and returns a reference to the control that I want.  That would be fine, except I need the toolbar positioning that I can only get from LoadStateFromString.

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2005 at 1:14pm
In the saved layout do you have a popup with Id = ID_ASSIGNPOPUP?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic