Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] FocusChanging Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] FocusChanging Problem
    Posted: 26 February 2010 at 2:39pm
Hi,

I'm trying to configure the ReportControl so that when you click on a Group row, it automatically collapses all other groups and expands only the group that you clicked. Row focus should then switch to the first child of the selected group.

I've got this working OK, except that it seems the the FocusChanging event doesn't fire for the first group row.

Here's a sample:

uploads/20100226_143421_RcFocusChanging.zip

click each group row to see what I mean.

Next, I'd like to ensure that one group row is always expanded - the user can shrink/expand group rows by clicking the glyph OR double-clicking the group row. Is there a way to prevent this? I don't see any events that allow us to cancel collapse/expand (but maybe I've just missed it) - or maybe there's a property that I haven't found?

Thanks.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2010 at 2:50pm
Okay for part 2, I've found the RowExpanded event, I'll try working with that.

I guess I need another coffee ;)

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2010 at 3:04pm
Okay, RowExpanded does the trick, although I have to use a module level variable to alert the event when it is my code changing the Expanded property versus when the user is doing it.

A nicer solution would be to have a AllowGroupExpand property that when set to false prevents the user from expanding and collapsing groups (but allows code to do it). It would also hide the +/- glyph so the user wouldn't wonder why it wasn't working.

Speaking of the +/- glyph, now that I've been able to cancel group expansion/collapse, is there a way to hide the glyph in the group row?

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2010 at 6:42pm
Okay, I'm not sure why FocusChanging wasn't firing for the first row before, but it seems to be firing now. Sorry!

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2010 at 12:20pm
There's a demo that does most of the initial post requirements available here: http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16302

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic