Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - RecentFileList : not files but other kind of items
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RecentFileList : not files but other kind of items

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RecentFileList : not files but other kind of items
    Posted: 29 January 2010 at 9:39am
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.2.1
Platform: Windows Vista SP2 (32bit)
Language: Visual Objects 2.8
JantjeKeizer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JantjeKeizer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 3:46pm
You can create a 'CXTPRibbonControlSystemPopupBarListCaption' using the CreateCommandBarControl function and then fill that with
'CXTPRibbonControlSystemPopupBarListItem's created with that same function.
It allows you to get the exact same looks as the recent file list, except the pins.
I always use it instead of the built in recent file list as it is no use for me because you have absolutely no control at all.
Oh and set its BeginGroup to true, or else it will look ugly.
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 7:34pm
JantjeKeizer,
   You are exactly right my friend. I was actually having some trouble out of the recent file list as well. It's rendered useless except in apps like MS Word or similar.
Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (Active-X), Version 15.3.1

Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64Bit) & Windows XP Mode SP3 (32Bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
Alpicus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2010 at 7:39am
Thanks for the answers ! I will try that...
Alpicus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2010 at 1:36pm
I tried and it works well. My last question : is it possible to assign an icon because I tried thru IconId property but without success !?!?
sforces View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 12:54pm
Glad I'm not the only one with same results. I've been trying to move from another MRU component to the RecentFileList. The other component has a Key, Caption, Value properties which we found very useful and very much lacking in the RecentFileList. For me, it's that I need to show the user one value but use a different value internally.

I really hope Codejock extends the control, otherwise as others seems to have found, it's useful for most things.

Originally posted by JantjeKeizer JantjeKeizer wrote:

You can create a 'CXTPRibbonControlSystemPopupBarListCaption' using the CreateCommandBarControl function and then fill that with
'CXTPRibbonControlSystemPopupBarListItem's created with that same function.
It allows you to get the exact same looks as the recent file list, except the pins.
I always use it instead of the built in recent file list as it is no use for me because you have absolutely no control at all.
Oh and set its BeginGroup to true, or else it will look ugly.
Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (ActiveX) version 16.3.1

Platform: Windows XP SP3 (32bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic