Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Calendar
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dragging a multiday event from the right flashes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dragging a multiday event from the right flashes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwfearnley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dragging a multiday event from the right flashes
    Posted: 26 January 2010 at 6:08am

In V13.2.1:

In day view mode – if you try to drag a multiday event using the handle on the right hand side the bar constantly alternates between a single day and multiday, so the result of the dragging operation can end with the a wrongly sized event block. This did not happen with previous library version we were using (12.0.0).

The problem seems to stem from changes made to the CXTPCalendarDayView::HitTestEx – a block of code labelled “<< fix for Multiday Events >>” has been added which appears to change the hit test point to a co-ordinate near the start of multiday event, which causes the end-bar drag to set the end date to wrong date. Looks like a definite bug to me – please let me know when this can be fixed.

Thanks for your help

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 3:36pm
See https://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15345 
Now (with HitTextEx changes) you can properly select multiday event even in busy (many multiday events) case.
Just use another vew (e.g. monthview) if you don't want to use event editor to change event and want to use only dragging way.
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 5:16pm
I added extra flag for DayView (MFC and ActiveX) - m_bPreventDragAllDayEventInDayView (default - FALSE) so if your clients don't like it - you can set it TRUE and force to use other view modes or event editor
rwfearnley View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwfearnley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 4:37am

The thread you reference is about selecting an event – my problem is to do with resizing an event by dragging the end date (although I suppose they may be related as they both involve hit testing). Please confirm that the fix you have made for the selecting issue also will fix the dragging issue.

I do not understand your comment about using the month view – my post refers to using the multi-day view (5 day or 7 day), and the resize by dragging operation should work there as well.

Thanks

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 2:52pm
You will have no problem in one column DayView. In MultiColumns day view event belongs to start day so your hit on following days of same event have no real event behind as event draw by start event day column only.
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 6:02pm
Please try https://forum.codejock.com/uploads/DemoVersion/CalendarDemoStatic12.rar - it had similar problems with many all day events - some time difficult to resize
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwfearnley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2010 at 3:41am

I do not think you understand my original post. Let me try and be clear:

1.       I have a multi-day event showing in a multi-column day view.

2.       I attempt to change the end day of the event by clicking and dragging the handle shown on the right hand side of the event bar. (This is perfectly allowable operation in this view mode, and users do not need to be forced to use another view to do this –it is supported and works correctly in previous versions of the library).

3.       During the drag operation the end date of the bar constantly jumps between the start day and the day under the cursor, and therefore seems to ‘flash’.

Before you post again, please try the above instructions using your ‘Calendar Control Sample’ program and you should be able to easily reproduce the problem. Once you have done this please confirm back to me that you have managed to reproduced the bug, and let me know when you intend to issue a version of the library with a fix.

Thanks

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2010 at 2:49pm
Please open the issue and we can continue in more details. I just recommend you to try the following steps with ver 12 - make say 50 all day events on same day (just copy few and paste - this is fast way) and see that's happened - you will loose all events except may be first 20 - can't see it in ANY view!. Now (in 14) you will see all - may be 200 or more) (and in timeline view - ANY - unrestricted).
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2010 at 6:29pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwfearnley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 4:36am

Ok, I have now submitted this as an issue.

With both versions of the CalendarDemo.exe programs you sent me (12.0.2 & 14.0.0) the dragging operation appears to work correctly. However I have now noticed 2 other problems:

1.       In all versions if you move cursor into the day heading area (while dragging the finish – the cursor changes to the red crossed out circle) the bar will occasionally move to another position (both start and finish) and sometimes will extend to a date well beyond the visible period.

2.       In V12 & V14 when you end the drag (release the mouse button) the in-place subject editing is incorrectly initiated – and also positioned incorrectly at the end of the bar. If you press Escape the bar move back to its original position, pressing Enter keeps it at the new position. (This does not affect my application as I have disabled in-place editing – but is still a bug that needs fixing).

Looks like you need to fully retest this area of the library as I think all these problems are fairly obvious if you just use these functions.

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 12:37pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwfearnley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2010 at 3:23am

The first file you sent seems to have both dragging placement issues, but does not seem to have the wrongly positioned in place editing problem. I could not easily test the second file as it appears to be an ActiveX version of the control (ocx)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic