Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Multi-lanugage crash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multi-lanugage crash
    Posted: 16 January 2010 at 10:30pm
Hello,

I have a mechanism to switch between languages (using sattelite .dll for each language) on the fly. If I change language on the fly and refresh all visible elements (command bars, etc.) everything works fine. But, if I start application and call AfxSetResourceHandle(LoadLibrary("exampleENU.dll")) in my OnInitInstance() my application crashes in about 2-3 seconds (!?). I've debuged the problem to some point, and my call stack shows that the problem is in:

0    >    3136    Worker Thread    CXTPSkinManagerApiHook::ThreadProcHook

More precisely, it crashes while using CWnd::GetSafeHwnd. What is the correct procedure to switch resource .dll when starting application. I'm using ToolkitPro v12.1. and I'm linking statically with your resource files and libraries (english version). Also, I've checked your multi language samples and tried various methods and combinations shown there - to no avail. I've created .dlls in program called Sisulizer2008 (used for localization purposes), and everything works fine if I switch from my original language (coded in my .exe) to some other language (located in some .dll). Please advise what is the correct procedure to switch language *when* starting MFC aplication. Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic