Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Property Grid
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More property item types

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More property item types
    Posted: 09 September 2003 at 8:48am

Hi;

First of all I want to tell you that I'm very satisfied with the software packages provided by your company. Since the earliest days of the Codejock Toolkit(s) I'm using them in all software projects I'm working on - with best customer feedback! 

One question/wish/feature request regarding the PropertyGrid control:

Will the grid be enhanced by more property grid item types in the near future?

I'm missing such types as

• datetime / timestamp items
  • float / double items
  • images / bitmaps with combo support

If so, when will these features be available?

Best regards

Martin

billyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2004 at 6:46am

I see this post is fairly old but was never replied to...I am in need of a time control item for the property grid as well.  Is there any exmple code available for a custom item (such as the sample spin control custom item code) for inserting a time control?

TIA,

-Billy

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2004 at 8:57am
Time/Date custom grid item will be included in next version.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
msearles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msearles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2004 at 11:33pm
Just got the new 8.70 release, thanks for all the new features, including the Date grid item, but like billyb I'm in need of a Time control, not just a Date control. CXTPPropertyGridItemDate didn't make it in to the help file, but I found it in XTPPropertyGridItemExt.cpp/.h,
however, unless I'm missing how to configure it, it provides a Date picker (calendar) only -- no Time.

I need a grid item time picker, such as provided by CDateTimeCtrl using the DTS_TIMEFORMAT option. I've tried to create a custom item using CCustomItemSpin as an example, but can't get it to work right since the underlying in place edit window gets in the way, and other issues.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Michael
Martin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2005 at 3:11am

Hi all,

I also need this functionality as nicely described by Michael.

Is it possible to somehow get a pointer to the control so we can create a custom grid item, derived from CXTPPropertyGridItemDate and additionally we then set the DTS_TIMEFORMAT flag so the control gets created as a timepicker and not a datepicker? Obviously there's no need to show the InplaceMonthCal in that case. Just the timecontrol.

If this is not possible would you please consider implementing this in the next version of the toolkit or provide us with some pointers on how to do this ourselves?

Thanks in advance,
Martin

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 12:02am

You can create simple CXTPPropertyGridItem and set mask

pItem->SetMask(_T("00:00"), _T("__:__"));

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
hachem View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2014 at 5:08am
Was a "Time/Date custom grid item" ever added?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic