Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ribbon customization

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ribbon customization
    Posted: 17 November 2009 at 5:26pm
Is there a UI for customization of the command ribbon? All I have seen is EnableCustomization on the CXTPRibbonBar and then the limited ability to use the alt-key and then drag controls to move them around on the active tab.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 7:13am
Hi,

User can show Customize Dialog and drag controls from Dialg to any tab.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 9:48am
Does the ribbon sample have customization? I started the "customize QAT" command and dragged commands from the "Commands" page over the ribbon but the drag icon shows an "X" and the item won't drop into a group or onto the ribbon.

Is the full extent of customization just drag&drop of controls or is there the ability to add/hide tabs, groups and controls? Reordering? We are looking for an extensive customization solution. Something like Office 2010 type of customization.
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 2:02pm
Right, the ribbon SDI sample does not call:

pRibbonBar->EnableCustomization(TRUE);

You'll need to invoke this method if you want command-level customization in ribbon bar.

Don't think this gives you customization of tabs or groups, though - not sure if this is supported(?).

While we're on the subject, I've noticed that if I attempt to "reset" command customizations (from the "toolbars" tab of the customization dialog) it does not work. Oleg - is there an additional step required in order for this to work?
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 2:10pm
When I drag a control over a popup, the control is added to the popup. But how do I get to controls on a popup to begin with? For instance, I enabled customization in your ribbon mdi sample. I can use the alt key to move a control and when I move over a popup, the popup opens and I can drop the control onto the popup.

But while a popup is popped, if I hit the alt key, the popup is dismissed. Hence I have no way of grabbing controls on a popup and moving them or deleting them (by dragging into an open area and dropping the control there).
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 2:16pm
By the way, the "reset" button on the customize dialog for the ribbon in the ribbon mdi sample does not seem to work. A message box appears asking me if I want to reset the contents but when I say ok, nothing is restored.
To see this, simply open MainFrm.cpp and define

CREATE_FROM_XML

Then either comment out the EnableCustomization(FALSE) call on the ribbon or set the arg passed in to TRUE. Then run and move a button while holding down the alt key. Then run customize the qat and when the dialog appears select the Toolbars tab. Select the ribbon entry and click the reset command.

Nothing is reset on the ribbon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic