Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Serialization of ribbon bar data and text.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Serialization of ribbon bar data and text.
    Posted: 17 November 2009 at 5:24pm
When a ribbon bar is saved out to XML using the CXTPPropExchangeXMLNode and CXTPPropExchangeSection, the resultant file has text for the Caption, TooltipText and DescriptionText for each control.

I want to allow an organization to customize a ribbon and then save out the changes and then push the xml file to their users' machines. I have to support an organization doing so in which multiple languages are used. So I want the same customization layout in the ribbon but the text strings I want displayed on each machine will depend on the particular user's installation. That is, I may have French and German engineers working in the same company that wants a particular layout of the ribbon for every worker.

What I need is to be able to load the ribbon file and obtain the text strings from the locale specific resource file. Just like when I build the ribbon the first time in code when CJ loads the tooltips, caption and description strings from the (locale specific) resource file.

How do I force the text to be regenerated on the ribbon bar after I persist the data back in from the XML file? I can't find any parameter on the ribbon or even control level that gives me control over the strings. Nor does XTP_COMMANDBARS_PROPEXCHANGE_PARAM have any setting to control the I/O of the text.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 7:14am

Hi,

You can Enable actions then. See Actions sample.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic