Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drag Drop within same report control issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drag Drop within same report control issue
    Posted: 17 December 2009 at 2:23pm
Sure please attach some prototype for your case
bartdrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartdrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 11:12pm
It only seems to happen when I have added a grouping. The grouping gets destroyed and the drop drop setting to move, not copy, also gets destroyed so then it will copy instead of move. I cannot reset the property either back to cut. What else do you need from me to sort this out as this is killing our software. Do you want me to send you the code?
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2009 at 11:33pm
Can't reproduce - if you have report control unsorted and drag row and drop it back to same place - no sort change happened
bartdrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartdrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 4:50pm
Thanks Mark. I have worked out when we seem to have issues. If I start to drag a row and drop it back into the same control that it is being dragged from, the sort group settings and the drag drop settings tend to get destroyed. I cannot reset the drag drop properties either.

If I do not drag an item and drop it back into the same report control, the dragmove seems to work fine.

Hope this makes sense as we really need this to work as we have built in drag drop capabilities right through our software.
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 5:04pm
For DD with Parents and Childs - try use flags
    .SortedDragDrop = True
    .UnrestrictedDragDrop = True
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 4:39pm
bartdrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartdrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 4:22pm
that is the only one we have assigned. Here is an grab of the code:

cfrecords = .EnableDragDrop("HTH:employees", XtremeReportControl.XTPReportDragDrop.xtpReportAllowDrop Or XtremeReportControl.XTPReportDragDrop.xtpReportAllowDragMove)

By the way. We are using VB.net 2005
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 12:01pm
Try assign xtpReportAllowDragMove only (not xtpReportAllowDrag or xtpReportAllowDragMove | xtpReportAllowDragCopy) case
bartdrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartdrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 4:48pm
Thanks Mark.

That works now for the moving of an item within the same grid, but now when we MOVE between grids the original item does not dissapear, but acts as though we are using a COPY function.

Thanks,

Bart
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 9:11am
bartdrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartdrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 6:35pm
Hi,

We have just upgraded our software to use v13.2.1.

All seems to be running well except for dragging and dropping.

We have managed to fix most problems except for when we drag and drop a record within the same report control, both any group order gets destroyed and the record dissapears. We can get around the group order by deleted all the group orders and then re-creating them and re-populating (not desirable however) but we need to work around the record dissapearing.

Any help would be excellent.

We have set .SortedDragDrop = True and are using xtpReportAllowDrop and xtpReportAllowDragMove as our dragdrop parameters.

Thanks,

Bart
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic