Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DockingPane splitter issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DockingPane splitter issue
    Posted: 06 November 2009 at 2:10pm
I'll try my hand here to see if I can find a solution, to a DockingPane question.  I am on maintenance and posted a support request, but have not got a workable answer.  Attached is a complete, ready to run VB6 project, it's extremely small, maybe 15 lines of code.  I want to be able to move the splitter off to the right and not have the splitter between panes 1 and 2 move.  I want that splitter to stay still when I resize the other one.  CodeJock support says it is the how the panes are added (who they get docked to and the direction), but I have tried every possible thing I can think of.  Can anyone tell me how to do this before I go back to Tech Support for this seemingly simple question?

Thanks for any help,
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 7:43am
Hi,

You can set (min-max) size of a Pane. 

for example:

DockingPaneManager.Panes(1).MaxTrackSize.Width = 500
DockingPaneManager.Panes(1).MinTrackSize.Width = 500

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
pate View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 9:40am
Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the reply, yes, I know how to do that, but that is not the issue.  Users will be resizing this and it might be different sizes depending on the resolution.  I am sure I can find a workaround, but my question is is there anyway to add the panes so that the splitter on the left does not move when you move the splitter on the right.  Oleg, said in my support request, that the order of the panes were at issue, but I have found no way to add them so that you can move the splitter on the right and the splitter on the left stay still.

-Melvyn
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 11:35am
Hi,

Maybe I don't understand what you mean... Do you want to have pane 1 to have same width & height all the time? Also when resizing other panes? And still want to resize pane 1 if user wants to?

Max-MinTrackSize does prevent the pane from resizing even when other panes are resized. Downside is, you can't resize that pane anymore. I don't see any other way to prevent resizing pane when other panes are being resized. Maybe Oleg knows a way to prevent this but I don't see what the order of creating panes have to do with this? Let's wait for the DP guru himself

Good luck.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
pate View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 1:55pm

Aaron, thanks again.  This is just a very small sample to show the problem.  The actual application is around 10 panes (and I have a similar test case I gave to Oleg a few weeks back).  And in that test case you see the problem described above, when you grab the splitter and slide it left, the pan all the way on the left resizes proportionally.  HOWEVER, in the bigger test case, I have one off to the right of the pane and it does not resize proportionally.  In other words, the behavior of the two is not the same.

I realize I could go through steps to nail down the pane, it would be a lot of work.  Because users could have moved all the panes around, and I could never be sure which pane was were on the left.  So I'd have to put in a bunch of logic to figure out which panes to freeze depending on where they were and which slider was grabbed, etc...  Really a lot more than I wanted to get into.  I just thought that the pane on the left should not scroll.  My example I posted was very condensed to show the specific problem.

Attached is a small 10 pane example that shows the actual issue more clearly.  The center splitter can be moved left of right.  When it is moved to the left it no only resizes the pane to its left as it should, it proportionally resize the pane all the way on the left.  Now, slide it to the right.  IT resize the pane to its direct right I as I would expect, but the pane all the way on the right does NOT resize.  When the splitter gets to a point it can no longer be moved.  But the pane on the right does not resize.  This is the behavior I think the panes onthe left should exhibit.

I don't think it is a but, but rather a design limitation or quark.  For some reason, the order it gets laid out in matters as to whcih panes will stay still and which ones will undesriably scroll.  I can do the same thing verticall, panes above scroll proportionally, ones below behave like I would expect.

-Melvyn

pate View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 1:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic