Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dragging maximized windows -- Windows 7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dragging maximized windows -- Windows 7
    Posted: 02 October 2009 at 3:40am
In Windows 7 you can maximize a window by dragging the title bar to the top of the screen. This works fine with apps built using CodeJock libraries. However, you can also de-maximize (if this is a word!) maximized windows by dragging the title bar.

Apps having a CodeJock ribbon don't allow this, though native ribbon apps do (for example, try it with the Paint application from Windows 7).

It would be really nice if this could make it to the 13.2 release so that as well as having Windows 7-like ribbon bars you got correct Windows 7 window docking behavior. Any chance of this?
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro 2009 (13.4.1)
Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate(64bit)
Language: Visual Studio 2010 (C++)
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2009 at 10:55am

Another issue related to the caption on the mainframe window (see posts where there are similar issues with Vista and XP).

terrym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2009 at 3:10pm

Confirmed also to be a bug on Windows 7 Ultimate, lets hope it gets fixed for 13.2.0

Thank you,
Terry Mancey

email terry@tmancey.ltd.uk | linkedin www.tmancey.ltd.uk | twitter @tmancey
robin_l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 2:48pm

This is still a bug in the released 13.2

terrym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2009 at 5:33am
Originally posted by robin_l robin_l wrote:

:(
Thank you,
Terry Mancey

ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2009 at 8:03am

It's unbelievable that they released 13.2 with all the known bugs reported for the Beta.

Codejock support
terrym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2009 at 8:10am
Originally posted by ABuenger ABuenger wrote:

It's unbelievable that they released 13.2 with all the known bugs reported for the Beta.

I am also surprised as to be honest some of these issues I reported while in Beta.  But hopefully a patch will be fast for these issues as we have now had to delay release of our upgrades while waiting to here from Oleg etc. to the situation.

Dont get me wrong I think XTP is great, but please dont release when bugs have been reported as I know some people push you, but you should wait until at least those issues are fixed.

Thank you,
Terry Mancey

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 6:50am
Hi,

Thanks, it fixed now for 13.2.1
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
terrym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 6:58am

Excellent, is there an ETA for 13.2.1 please.  Not rushing you, but just so we can plan our software upgrades and to let our customers know when to expect new builds.

Thanks
Thank you,
Terry Mancey

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 7:43am
Hi,

If nothing serious will be found, we release on this week.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
terrym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 8:50am
Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

Hi,

If nothing serious will be found, we release on this week.

Excellent and will the graphical issues with Scenic we all reported be fixed please for this release?
Thank you,
Terry Mancey

robin_l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 7:23pm
I've just recompiled with 13.2.1. The issue about not being able to "de-maximize" windows in Win7 by dragging the title bar of a maximized window has NOT been resolved for ribbon windows.
terrym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 7:34pm

I've just recompiled with 13.2.1. The issue about not being able to "de-maximize" windows in Win7 by dragging the title bar of a maximized window has NOT been resolved for ribbon windows.

Please let us know the steps you take to get this issue so we can try on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 so we can also give some feedback so codejock can fix this :(

Thank you,
Terry Mancey

robin_l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 7:41pm
Ooops.... I'm wrong! The Ribbon Sample DOES now work! But my application compiled with 13.2.1 doesn't.... :(

I'll check the source of the ribbon sample to see what has changed
terrym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 7:45pm
This is working here with 13.2.1 ?  I am trying Ribbon Sample SDI, is this same sample you are trying?

Our system is Windows 7 Ultimate x64, not that, that should make a difference.

Thank you,
Terry Mancey

robin_l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 7:52pm
Yes, my bad.... It looks like I had not cleaned the project so some old files were still being linked in. I've just rebuilt and it is fine with 13.2.1. Sorry about the false alarm!
terrym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 8:03pm

Yes, my bad.... It looks like I had not cleaned the project so some old files were still being linked in. I've just rebuilt and it is fine with 13.2.1. Sorry about the false alarm!

Yeah just hope the other visual issues can be fixed, as its nice to have consistency.

Thank you,
Terry Mancey

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic