Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

control persistence

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: control persistence
    Posted: 25 September 2009 at 1:10pm

Oleg,

We are using your persistence/IO system to save the QAT out so customization changes can be maintained. We are also looking at doing this for the command ribbon bar using your xml I/O. But we have an issue because the data we save may become invalid (command IDs are not always constants due to add-ins, automation etc.). I need to be able to store something more than the tag (which is a dword_ptr). Storing a string where I can persist a com CLSID and other information would be very useful in allowing me to rebind the control to a particular server.

But I don't see anything I can set in a control to accomplish that as apparently the tag is all I have to work with (everything else appears to be used by your system). Is there any string or binary data I can store in a control that you will save/restore that I can use? If not, can I subclass and somehow get into your I/O stream?
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2009 at 5:10pm
Looks like what I need can be found in Codejock\Samples\CommandBars\CustomThemes\CustomControls.cpp.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic