Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] XamlChart and Markup distrib

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] XamlChart and Markup distrib
    Posted: 04 September 2009 at 3:36am
Using the wonderful Markup control with the XamlChart example, everything works OK on my PC (with CJ controls installed). I compiled the app and it still runs OK.

But when I try it on another PC, I get Run Time ERROR 429 -- ActiveX Component can't create object.

I have copied the Codejock.Markup.v13.1.0.ocx  to this other PC and registered it OK.
Also the Codejock.Controls.v13.1.0.ocx and Codejock.Commandbars.v13.1.0.ocx.
Yes I have registered the XamlCharts.dll.

I am guessing the error occurs on this line:
   CreateObject("Codejock.MarkupLabel.13.1.0")

Any ideas what else I must install on the other PC to use the Markup ??
Chris (Manchester, UK) -- www.abc6.co.uk ---- Using CodeJock ActiveX Suite 13.1.0 with Windows8, VB6 SP6
chrisABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2009 at 6:28am
Aaargh!!  I spent hours on this problem.

And now I find the solution is very simple. 

BUT I don't think you will like the solution.

If I copy my Codejock.Markup.v13.1.0.lic file to the other PC, then the XAMLchart works OK.
If I remove the licence file, then the XAML app reports ERROR 429 -- can't create object.

So the compiled app will only work if the .lic file is on that PC.  I think this is a problem for Oleg to look at :-)
Chris (Manchester, UK) -- www.abc6.co.uk ---- Using CodeJock ActiveX Suite 13.1.0 with Windows8, VB6 SP6
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2009 at 11:06am

Hi,

Try in project settings change option "Remove unused liceses" (something like that)
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
chrisABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2009 at 7:04pm
In the Project Properties
the box "Remove information about unused ActiveX Controls" is checked.

But this does not change the need for the .LIC file.
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2009 at 10:51pm
Hey Chris,

I don't have time to test it on a machine without CJ controls installed right now, but try this and tell me if it works (I assume you are using my chart sample?):

1) Open the XamlCharts.vbp file located in the DLL folder (not the VBG or Test project).
2) Click the Project menu and then click Components.
3) On the Controls tab, scroll down until you find the Xtreme Markup Control entry and clear the checkbox, then click OK.
4) Click the Project menu and then click References. The References window appears
5) On the References window, click the Browse button. The "Add Reference" window appears.
6) In the "Files of type" list, select "ActiveX Controls"
7) Navigate to the Codejock bin folder (usually C:\Program Files\Codejock Software\ActiveX\Xtreme SuitePro ActiveX VERSION\Bin", then select the Codejock.Markup.v13.1.0.ocx (or Unicode version if requried) and click Open.
8) Back on the References window, click OK.
9) Open the modXaml code window, and remove the "Private Const mc_MarkupLabelVersion As String = "13.0.0"" line.
10) In the xamlEngine function, change this line:

Set so_XamlEngine = CreateObject("Codejock.MarkupLabel." & mc_MarkupLabelVersion)

To this:

Set so_XamlEngine = New XtremeMarkup.MarkupLabel

11) Recompile and try it again on a non-CJ development computer. Does it work now?

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

chrisABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2009 at 5:41am
Yes that works.

Many thanks.

This method of creating objects seems more "normal" so I am pleased I do not need to know about the ProgIDs :-)

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2009 at 6:34am
No problem, glad it worked (thanks for testing it). I will update my sample ASAP.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic