Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - SkinFramework not applied to all Controls on Form
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SkinFramework not applied to all Controls on Form

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerichtzh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SkinFramework not applied to all Controls on Form
    Posted: 10 August 2009 at 9:20am
Situation:
I took the SkinMDISample as a template project to develop an application that features an MDI-Interface, a Ribbon-Bar (XtremeCommandBars) and a Docking-Pane Interface (XtremeDockingPane). My intention was to apply a skin on all the controls/forms. I had to keep in mind the following points:
1) The Ribbon-Bar object (of type AxCommandBars), the Docking-Pane object (AxDockingPane) and the skin-framework object (AxSkinFramework) are on the main-form.
2) The main-form is the MDI-parent
3) The MdiParent-property is set on every child-form to the main-form
4) The Ribbon-bar uses another technique to apply skins. Therefore the ApplyWindow() method must not be applied for the main-form
5) The ApplyWindow() method is applied for each child-form (this is done in the OnVisibleChanged()-method)
6) OnBackColorChanged() is called for every child-form

Problem:
The skin is properly applied for the Ribbon-bar as well as for most other controls. BUT: There are some controls that do not apply the skin (e.g. DataGridView, or some scroll-bars). I don't know what might be wrong, because in my opinion, it's the same logic as in the sample application.
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2009 at 9:56am
The problem may be windowless controls, they can't be skinned because the have no hWnd. This controls draw directly to the parent devicecontext.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic