Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Determine Tab Containing a Control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgordon428 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Determine Tab Containing a Control
    Posted: 07 August 2009 at 1:53pm
I have a spell checker routine that will scan through all the textboxes in a form, and when it finds a misspelling, it will display the spelling correction dialogue. I have a form that uses the XtremeSuite TabControl. What I would like to do, is when I find a textbox with a misspelled word, to set the current tab to the control's tab, so the user can see the tab page that contains the control in question. With previous tab controls I've used, there was a GetTab(hWnd as long) function, where you could pass it the handle to a control, and it would return the relevant tab number. I don't believe there is an equivalent function with these controls, so I was hoping for a bit of help.

Is it possible to add in this functionality? Is there a different way I could go about doing this, for instance iterating through a collection of controls within each tab or tabControlPage? I would prefer not to use a hack like storing the tab index in each textbox tag property if at all possible.

Thank you.
daniel_r View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daniel_r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 6:48am
You have to walk all the parents/containers of that control until you find a TabControlPage.

I did the same just yesterday for VB6:

Private Function GetTab(Control As Control) As TabControl

Dim c As Control

Set c = Control.Container
  Do While Not (c Is Nothing)
    If TypeOf c Is TabControlPage Then
      Set GetTab = c
      Exit Function
    Else
      Set c = c.Container
    End If
  Loop