Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commandbar + Panel + Docking + Statusbar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commandbar + Panel + Docking + Statusbar
    Posted: 18 May 2009 at 2:13pm
I need to have a commandbar at the top, under it a panel that will have text and images and under that panel I would like my docking panes (3 panes) and on the bottom of that a status bar.

I've created the commandbar at the top and have a commandbar based status bar at the bottom. I've added my panel container under the commandbar at the top and created the docking panes.

But I can't seem get the docking panes positioned under the panel. They keep going to the top and under the commandbars. When I use AxDockingPane1.SetCommandBars they size themselves nice top to bottom but their top is the commandbar and can't get the top to be the panel instead.

I'm obviously missing something. How do you do this?
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:26am
Hi,

With VB I have to set the commandbars control (in IDE) to "Send to front" or DockingPanes to the "Send to back" in order to have proper positioning.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
sforces View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 2:11am
I've tried so many combinations. Am pretty sure I tried this as I saw somewhere a post about it but will try it again to confirm. For now, I found a temp. workaround in that I've created a pane at the top in the docker and set it's properties to not close, not move, not resize, etc. So it basically behaves like a panel for the most part. My only gripe with doing it that way is that the docker still allows me to take one of the other movable panes and put it above it while in fact I'd like nothing to be possible above it except for the commandbar.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic