Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DoReadRPattern Timeout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhuratdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DoReadRPattern Timeout
    Posted: 03 May 2009 at 5:34pm
I'm using the Activex Version of the calendar control with a custom data provider.

I can generate recurrence patterns (apparently ok) but when I try to read them I get a timeout. The problem seems to be because I'm reading the whole month and the DoRetrieveDayEvents is re-reading all the events every time.

This happens because the MakeRetrieveDayEventsSQL sql string retrieves all the events before the day been read (as in the C# example)

This should be ok, because I have to read the former events to be able to check if there is recurrence. I coded my program just like the C# example, but I get this timeout constantly.

In the other hand it doesn't seem to be a method for finding an event in the calendar (so i don't create the same event every time).

Any ideas? what should I do? change the SQL String or checking if the event exists?

This is the SQL string generated for today

SELECT * FROM dbo.Events WHERE (RecurrenceState = 0 OR RecurrenceState = 1) AND
(YEAR(dtFrom) < 2009   OR (YEAR(dtFrom) = 2009 AND (MONTH(dtFrom) < 5 OR MONTH(dtFrom) = 5 AND DAY(dtFrom) <= 3   ))) AND (YEAR(dtTo) > 2009 OR (YEAR(dtTo) = 2009 AND (MONTH(dtTo) > 5 OR   MONTH(dtTo) = 5 AND DAY(dtTo) >= 3 )))

Any ideas?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic