Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RibbonBar and SkinFramework

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gvidali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RibbonBar and SkinFramework
    Posted: 03 April 2009 at 10:04am
uploads/20090403_100249_ABD_SkinModule.zip

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.0.0
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

I am a relatively new user of CodeJock products, and am encountering a bit of a roadblock when attempting to combine Commandbar/Ribbonbar and Skin Framework.

I am attaching a sample project that demonstrates the issue.

My application sports a "Ribbon Bar", and can be skinned (using the skins provided with the CodeJock suite).

When skinning the application with Office 2007 skins, everything works just fine and as expected. See screenshot 1 below

When attempting to skin the application with other skins (for example: Vista), the ribbon bar and the Office 2007 frame seem to interfere with the skin: the window caption bar and control buttons are not properly skinned. See screenshot 2: in this case I would expect the window caption bar to turn black. I am not quite sure of what should happen to the Ribbon Bar - but I suppose I could set the Office 2007 "silver" scheme to match...

And furthermore: what happened to my menu bar? If you examine the sample project, you will notice that I have a couple of menus on the form. They definitely do not show at run-time.

As said, I am relatively new to the CodeJock suite and I may be missing the obvious. Unfortunately, the documentation is lacking on introductory material and on how-to articles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Giorgio Vidali
Automated Business Designs, Inc.
http:/www.abd.net

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 11:30am
Hi,

RibbonBar doesn't use system theme - it use color from its own dlls. So you have switch dll manually to set theme you need. our sample shows how to switch it
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
NormenT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NormenT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 2:39am
Hi,
but there is a example withe the Ribbon Bar getting skinned... For example when you choose your Itunes Skin not only the colors get modified but although the Min/Max/Close etc. Icons change...
But with the behaviour shown here that will not work.
Any suggestions ?
(If so please examples in VB .Net)
Rgds
Normen
Product: Xtreme SuitePro ActiveX v12.1.0
Language: Progress OpenEdge 10.1A & 10.2A
Platform: Windows XP (32 Bit) - SP 3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic