Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Automatic Horizontal Scrolling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgracie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Automatic Horizontal Scrolling
    Posted: 30 March 2009 at 6:42pm

Has this been implemented in the newest version??

I have been requesting this, what seems like a very important feature ..;-), for 2 years now.

Thank You
Robert

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 6:50pm
What it automatic means and where is your requst - please put the link
rgracie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgracie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 7:47pm
This is the only link I could find, but I have been requesting it for quite some time. I even have a ticket about it...

I see version 12 is out, and to my surprise automatic horizontal scrolling (like the automatic vertical scrolling) is still not available.

When will this feature be available?, you guys did great when you added the ability to size the schedules, but its a bit useless if the control can not handle dragging an event to a schedule that is not visible....

This feature is very important, what gives..??

Thank You
Robert

Thank You
Robert

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 8:03pm
What's about using Ctrl+C (or Ctrl+X) - Ctrl+V instead?
rgracie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgracie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 8:13pm

How is that going to help?, besides my customers want easy - intuitive operations. I need to be able to Drag events across multiple schedules horizontally.

This is a huge problem when there is an off screen schedule.

The problem is I have been waiting for this one feature for almost 2 years. I and others have made multiple requests for it, they (codejock) know it's an issue, yet it has still not been implemented.

Frustrating to say the least...

Thanks for you help though... :-)

Robert

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 11:34pm
OK - I will do it tomorrow and attach update of static CalendarDemo with such feature so you can try
rgracie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgracie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 5:58am
Originally posted by mdoubson mdoubson wrote:

OK - I will do it tomorrow and attach update of static CalendarDemo with such feature so you can try

Wow, Really?  That would be GREAT.

Thank you!
Robert
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 7:11pm

Well - you can try https://forum.codejock.com/uploads/DemoVersion/CalendarDemoStaticAutoSize.rar 

Please give me some feedback after you test it 

This is MFC Static App - but ater testing we can build related ActiveX
rgracie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgracie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 7:38pm

Nicely done... Seems to work just fine..  I'm using the control in MS Access 2007, so I don't know if that will make any difference.

You Rock mdoubson!

Any chance of getting the final ActiveX build tomorrow..? I have some programing time schedule, and would LOVE to start implementing this..

Thanks Again!!
Robert

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 8:03pm
There are the rules and policy to get recent beta version. You need to open Issue. Customer Service will check your valid licence for current period and I will attach beta ActiveX version to your Issue.

btw - do you know that you can use dynamic settings like this

CalendarControl.DayView.MinColumnWidth = nWidth
To set minimum column width, where column is a group view object (schedule...)

nWidth number may be one of the following values:

0 means disabled;
-1 use some default width for multiresources only;
-N use for multiresources only (internally converted to +N); 
+N used always (in single and multi resources mode).

E.g. CalendarControl.DayView.MinColumnWidth = 0  will resize column and no horizontal scroolbar needed

rgracie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgracie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 8:10pm
Ok, Will Do...

Thank You
Robert

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 9:07pm
btw2 - mouse wheel scroll horizontal if HScroll enable and scroll vertical if disable!
rgracie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgracie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 8:54am
Originally posted by mdoubson mdoubson wrote:

btw2 - mouse wheel scroll horizontal if HScroll enable and scroll vertical if disable!

I don't understand... Are you saying that you can only auto scroll horizontally if auto scroll vertically is disabled??

Thank You
Robert

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 9:02am
Of course not - I say that mouse wheel scroll mode (without other mouse buttons or keyboard modifier like Ctrl, Shift...) works as HORIZONTAL scroll if Hor Scroll bar enable. If disable - mouse wheel scroll vert.
rgracie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgracie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 6:59pm
Ok,
 I have received the beta, and have run into a snag. When trying to place the new control on the Access fomr I get this error:

I copied the two zipped files into the bin folder where the other lic. and .oxc files are located. (I did rename them to prevent confusion)

I have tried in both MS Access 2003 or 2007, same results.

Things I have Tried:

1) regsvr32 the .ocx file (successful) (first unreg. the prev.) -- Above error took place

2) Un installed prev. version 12.00, un-registered all .ocx's and installed version 13.00. copy new file and registered .ocx. using included program. -- Same Error.

3) Copied the original file (no file name changes) to the bin dir. -- Same Error.

Thanks
Robert

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 11:48pm
You need to copy license in same folder you copy activex. After - registrate it. Clean your cache (*.oca file? or another ones - depends from activex container). You need to refresh your form. May be copy lic file in same folder you keep your forms? Ask some customer support guys - I am not VB user. To test I use Debug verision of ActiveX - looks like it don't looking for license? At least I gave other beta-version of ActiveX (SyntaxEdit, ReportControl with attached lic-files) and nobody had any problem. Really - ask Mike (call him on CustomerSupport # or open the Issue)

YOU DON't NEED TO RENAME ActiveX file as it registrated by internal name-version. License file - also don't rename - but better ask Mike)
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 8:52am
I guess I understand the problem - there is string in license -
Calendar Control Copyright (c) 2003-2009 Codejock Software
PRODUCT-ID: Codejock.Calendar.ActiveX.v13.0
VALIDATE-CODE: AAA-AAA-AAA-AAA
where in real case letters - different!
May be you need to add this VALIDATE-CODE in your access form someway (to keep it in form property bag)?
rgracie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgracie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 11:02am

Ok, I'll issue another service ticket.. I have tried everything suggested, and still get the same results. 

Thanks
Robert

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 11:23am
rgracie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgracie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 11:57am

Call Mike, he got me squared away. All fix now....

Thanks A Million!!

Now off for some testing.... :-)

Robert
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic