Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Articles and Tutorials
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Using Command Bars and Visual DataFlex FREE source
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Using Command Bars and Visual DataFlex FREE source

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using Command Bars and Visual DataFlex FREE source
    Posted: 19 February 2009 at 2:38pm
Hi All,

For those of you that uses Visual DataFlex as programming platform there is an Open Source project with lots of examples on how to use CodeJock's Command Bars - and especially how to customize the controls at runtime.

This link takes you to VDF-Guidance where the QuizMaster Manager project resides and describes What it is;
http://www.vdf-guidance.com/Projects.asp?Page=QMM

Be sure to have a look at some of the screen-shots;
http://www.vdf-guidance.com/Projects.asp?Page=QMMSHOTS

But, best is to download the full source code from http://www.vdf-guidance.com/Projects.asp?Page=QMMDOWNLOAD - compile it - and take it for a spin. (There's a Free personal Visual DataFlex license available - if you aren't using it already; http://www.visualdataflex.com/personal.asp?pageid=840)

Oh - and the project comes with tons of icons that could come in handy for you ;-)

The QuizMaster Manager will soon also be available as a Free "end-user" program - i.e. compiled and with an installation program - from hundreds of download sites around the globe :-)

Hopefully this will draw even more attention to the CodeJock controls and Visual DataFlex.

Best regards,
Nils G. Svedmyr
RDC Tools International

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 1:58am
It looks great! :)
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Nils View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 6:43am
Hi Oleg,

Thank you for your kind words :-)

While I have your attention  - I have a question about the height of menus (not toolbars).

When we went from version 11.1.3 to 12.0.2 of the Command Bars ActiveX, there's a difference how the height of menus are calculated.

In the following image the 11.1.3 version was used;

In this image version 12.0.2 is used;

You can clearly see how the menu height has increased. The code is the same in both instances. In both cases files with 48x48 icons were used to make it clear that the menu height changes with the size of the toolbar icons. So if I had used 16x16 toolbar icons in both images, you wouldn't have seen a difference. The height of the menu icons are the same in both instances. Of course this is not very good because screen real-estate can be precious...

Do you know what possibly can cause this weird effect?

...Or even better; Do you know of a work-around to get rid of this effect?

TIA.

Best regards,
Nils G. Svedmyr
RDC Tools International
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 3:50am
Hi,

Sorry, I can't reproduce it - I need code you have to set it or even better small VB sample.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2009 at 4:48pm

Hi, guys - I know client with successful Visual DataFlex project based on our Calendar ActiveX (version 13.1 - pre-release). If you have some problem with such combination - please give me know

Willowmaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willowmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 11:14am
I had the same problem, but not with a version change. If you change the commandbar control you add to the active menubar from xtpControlButtonPopup to xtpControlPopup the height stays the same for large icons. Any controls you add to the commandbars of the created controls can be of any type. Hope this helps for you guys.
Nils View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 1:39pm
You were right!

I had made an error and one of the menus had its peControlType set to xtpControlPopupButton - and that made menu row to be the same height as the button bar.

Thanks!
Willowmaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willowmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 2:45am
Now you have to review some of your screenshots! Your program is looking nice btw.
Nils View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 4:22pm
Hi,

Once again you're right. And I do not need to just make an update of screen-shots but also the program as is. Although this has been a hobby project to try to unfold some of CodeJock powers, the program sure needs some brush-up.

One of the things that has hold me back from posting an update though. is that I believe that most people would expect that there is more/new questions delivered with a new version - and honestly - that has kept me off posting a new version for quite some time now - because that's a completely different story compared to programming...

This said - I would love to hear from you - and your new questions and answers for QuizMaster Manager 2010-2111!?

Anyone???

You are invited to send new questions to support@rdctools.com !!!

After verification we'll be glad to add your question(s) to the new version of Quiz Master Manager's database.

Best regards,
Nils G. Svedmyr
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic