Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [SOLVED] BeforeDrawRow event markup escape chars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] BeforeDrawRow event markup escape chars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] BeforeDrawRow event markup escape chars
    Posted: 06 February 2009 at 7:44am
Hi,

How to handle & char in Markup string? It doesn't work with markup for grouped rows in BeforeDrawRow event...

Thanks

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
nighthawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nighthawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2009 at 10:39pm
Did you try:

&

I found that special characters in XAML have the same codes as in HTML.  For example, < and > are specified by the html codes &lt; and &gt; respectively.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.0.0
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 7:07am
Hi,

I am using V13.0.0 (just for testing) and I see that this is solved ??? Is this correct ???

If so, thank you very much

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 12:32pm
Hey Aaron,

You should escape your plain-text before adding it to markup strings...I posted a function in the Xaml board a while ago that should do the trick:

https://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10865

This function is only useful for escaping purely plain text that contains no markup/Xaml of it's own (since it will convert < and > characters to &lt; and &gt;)
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 1:33pm
Hi Jason,

Thanks for reply

With previous version I noticed that the Markup string didn't work in Grouped items, it showed the complete string and not as the Markup string should be... and only because of the "&" char. In V13.0.0 it shows the Markup as should. Does this mean that CJ covered this already? I would like that support would reply on this, so I know that I don't need to do anything (at least for RC).

Question though: the characters in the function are the only characters you need to replace for Markup?  

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 4:04pm
Hi Aaron,

Those should be the only common characters that need escaping...what I'm not sure about is:

1) Whitespace/Unprintable characters (tab, CHR$(0) through CHR$(31), CHR$(127))
2) Extended ASCII characters (CHR$(128) through CHR$(255))
3) Unicode characters

Perhaps I'll run some tests...You mention that only the & character was breaking the XAML validation..what happens if you add markup to your column next (e.g. Nood <Bold>Alarm</Bold>)...does the group row text interpret the XAML as XAML tags, or does it show the tag string as text?
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 5:20am
Hi Jason,

I'm sorry, I didn't read your reply so well and didn't know you ask me something.

If I set col.Caption with & character inside a string, markup will breakup also. So I replaced & character with &amp;  and it will work as should

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic