Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPlease take a minute to help us help you :)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please take a minute to help us help you :)
    Posted: 31 October 2008 at 10:16am
Hello new and current users,

It is allot easier to help everyone when we know your development environment and platform. 

Not doing this only delays an answer for you as we have to try and guess what you are using.  This is why you see so many replies from us saying "Works for me" or "I can't reproduce it."  Then you will have to wait another day for one of use to try again.

All we ask is that all new and current members change your signature to add some useful information so we can get you the help you need.

For example, a helpful signature might look like this:

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 12.0.0
     Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
     Language: Visual Basic 6.0

I have seen that there are members who did this already, I hope there are many who will follow

Thank you for helping make the forums a better place
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 5:12pm
I'm involved in two projects where the platforms are different. What should I do? :P
nighthawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nighthawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 10:55am
Another problem with this is that when I update my signature to show I am using the latest version of CodeJock, it modifies all of my past posts with the new signature.  Now it looks like the old problems are occurring with the newest version of the CodeJock controls even if they have been long fixed.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.0.0
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 11:28am
A good point indeed. However, I believe our posts are sent as e-mail copies.
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
nighthawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nighthawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 11:40am
It doesn't appear that the signatures are sent in the email.  Also, I was thinking more about users who come across the thread long after it is closed.  Maybe some people don't bother using the search feature but I use it a lot and for an old thread, there is no way to know if the version specified in the signature is the same version that is being discussed.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.0.0
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 12:35pm
In those cases, and I guess in all cases it would be a good idea to specify the version you are using in the post itself.  Just a quick "I'm currently using 12.1.1" will do,  No need to state all the other stuff that is in the signature.

Also it would be nice if all users would post back if the problem was solved.  I see allot of solutions given with no acknowledgment of whether they were helpful.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2008 at 2:34am
Originally posted by SuperMario SuperMario wrote:

In those cases, and I guess in all cases it would be a good idea to specify the version you are using in the post itself.  Just a quick "I'm currently using 12.1.1" will do,  No need to state all the other stuff that is in the signature.

Also it would be nice if all users would post back if the problem was solved.  I see allot of solutions given with no acknowledgment of whether they were helpful.

Hi,

Why don't you take care of this? Just add combobox, so users can choose the version themselves. As for the OS and Language you could add combo as well (for all known OS/languages)

Thanks

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2

Zero replies is not an option....
hamid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 11:20am
Hi,i have a programming problem how cqan i solve it?
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2009 at 8:38am
Originally posted by hamid hamid wrote:

Hi,i have a programming problem how can i solve it?

Asking questions, posting your code, etc...
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2010 at 8:41am
Hi SuperMario,

You upgraded your forum nicely but I don't see anything added what we discussed inhere. Something that we really need to upgrade forum is some "tool" so we can see what we are dealing with (see my previous post again???) Sometimes you see posts in forum and maybe member has already submitted a ticket (I can't see this anywhere...), I agree it should be looked at and I will submit ticket for same issue... So in addition to my previous reply I would like to see a ticketnumber (if there exists one) in same post.

Also you could improve the search a little bit. Sometimes I'm looking for some method or property (and I'm sure I did some reply once) it could not be found... Ammend your search... Tongue 

Some members put SOLVED [SOLVED] [RESOLVED] or [***RESOLVED***] in their posts which is nice of course but it would be nicer if we would all put same thing in Topic description if matter is solved (or can't be solved or will be solved in next release). This seems very difficult and I don't care what I have to put in as long as we all do same thing. So an option would be a simple combobox where I can select an option and the only one who can take care of this is you (SuperMario)

Thanks a lot in advance

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2

Zero replies is not an option....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic