Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Redraw Problem with Docking Pane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote douglashogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Redraw Problem with Docking Pane
    Posted: 08 August 2003 at 4:36am

I use a pinnable docking pane with a tree control inside it to navigate my workspace. Selecting different items on the tree shows and hides views in the SDI workspace area. If the workspace bar is unpinned then when I show a window in the SDI workspace area with CWnd::ShowWindow (SW_SHOW), the windows is displayed over the docking window. This is before the workspace window has retracted.

Is this a drawing clipping problem?

Regards
Douglas Hogan
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2003 at 1:08am

try to add this code:

BOOL CMainFrame::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs)
{
 if( !CFrameWnd::PreCreateWindow(cs) )
  return FALSE;

cs.style |= WS_CLIPCHILDREN|WS_CLIPSIBLINGS;

return TRUE;
}

douglashogan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote douglashogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2003 at 6:27am

Tried it before and it doesn't work.

Any window that is obscured by an expanded pinnable window, will draw in the client area of the pinnable window before it retracts. My tree control embedded in a pinnable window selects different windows behind the pinnable window. As these windows are shown and redrawn, they overwrite the pinnable window's tree control. This is before the focus has shifted from the tree control and the pinnable window retracts. I can send an executable with the behaviour.

Regards
Douglas Hogan
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2003 at 4:34am
Try to add clip styles to all child windows, if it no helps send me executable (or cutted sources) to oleg@codejock.com
douglashogan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote douglashogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2003 at 7:15am

OK it's fixed.

I use a splitter window in the SDI mainframe. This needs the styles mentioned above in the call to CreateStatic ();

Regards
Douglas Hogan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic